Chapter 1.

Mia

Saturday

"Mia! Wake your ass up!" I felt something hard hit my head, I jolted out of bed frantically looking around in case danger. Ya know, gotta stay cautious in case of a purge. Jk.

Sydney, my best friend, is no danger.

"Ugh, why'd you wake me up?" I slammed back down onto the bed covering my face with the blankets.

"Cause, if we wanna stay fit we both need to go for our daily runs. Just because you were out last night till 4 in the morning doesn't mean anything," she rambled on, I just nodded as if I was actually listening.

I wasn't.

"Look, I'll get ready, while you make our strawberry banana breakfast shakes, aight?" She smiled and nodded strutting out the bedroom door. By the way, the thing she threw at my head was the tv remote.

I quickly got dressed in my work out outfit and put my hair up into a high pony tail, (which I was able to do cause I straightened my untamable curls last night before the party I went too) and tied my shoe laces before running into the kitchen.

"Your shake ma'am," Sydney said in a fake British accent, which was horrible, making the both of us laugh.

After we both finished our shakes we walked outside our big mansion. I'll explain how I could afford it another time, and jogged around our big, but quiet neighborhood.

-

Right when we got back we both took our showers, then hopped on the couch turning on the tv.

"What do you wanna watch?" She asked me, I shrugged not looking up at the tv just staring at my phone screen. "Don't care," she sighed turning on some show I wasn't paying attention to enough to know the name of.

Back to the mansion situation. How could I afford it when I'm only 17?

Well, my parents owned this really popular business company, you could say we were rich, Me and my brothers were all in their wills so when they died all the money came to me and them.

That's how my brothers managed to take care of me when they were younger.

So I figured, hey why not get a house that has way to many rooms for just two people. No. Just kidding, my brother forced me to buy it😒

At first, I hesitated but he gave me that look saying 'if you don't get this house I will bite your head off' he didn't bite my head off, thank god, because I got the house and me and Sydney are both roomies now.

And since it occasionally does get boring with just the two of us at times, we wanted to invite some of our other friends to live here with us. But they might not come today, I'm not sure.

Agitated, I threw my phone on the couch carelessly cause I was extremely bored. "There is nothing to do," I complained standing up and looking out the window.

"Oh, just our luck right!" I threw my hands up, opening the curtains all the way. "It's freaking raining!" I pointed out the window stomping my foot like the little drama queen I am throwing temper tantrums all time.

Sydney shook her head turning the page in the magazine she was looking at. "I happen to like when it rains you know," she chuckled looking up at me.

"I don't," I huffed stomping into the kitchen and opening the pantry. "What?! Sydney the NUTELLA IS MISSING! I REPEAT THE NUTELLA IS MISSING!! CALL 91-FUCKING- 1!" I rummaged through the whole darn thing and not a single jar of Nutella was found.