5 - 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 🎸🤘

"𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙠𝙚. "
Words: 1186
Genre: Fluff
Summary: Robin has been going through quite the crisis. That crisis being discovering himself and realizing he was inlove. So he practiced a certain song on his guitar for his Crush, Finney.

Robin's POV

I've been trying to bundle up the courage to confess my feelings to Finn Blake for at least a year. I've talked to everyone about my feelings in desperation for help. Hell, I've even tried convincing Gwenny to tell him for me. She called me a pussy.
"Are you serious stop being a pussy!! You walk up to Finney yourself like a man and YOU TELL HIM you like him!!"
Thanks Gwen.
But the ultimate idea struck me a week ago. I've been playing guitar almost all my life. Finney loves to come over and listen to me practice, he says it's calming. My uncle knew all about this. About my feelings for Finney, my passion in guitar, so, he suggested I learn his favorite song and play it for him, then confess my love. It sounds so cheesy I'm aware but I think this will work.

"GWEN WHAT DO I DO! I CAN'T JUST WALK UP TO HIM AND BE LIKE 'HEY TOTALLY PLATONIC PAL, LET ME FONDLE MY GUITAR INFRONT OF YOU AND THEN SAY IM IN LOVE WITH YOU'!"
"Gross don't say 'fondle'!"
"Fine.. strum. shred?? THIS IS SO CLICHÉ!"
Gwen sighed.
"Robin, look at me."
She said, cupping my face.
"He likes you back. He hasn't told me but I know."
She winked.
"You go get em' tiger."
"Thanks Gwen."
I said as I hugged her.
"Anytime!"
I was about to open the front door to leave before I realized-
I don't know his favorite song.
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.
"Hey Gwen?"
"Yes, Robin?"
"What's Finney's favorite song?"
Gwen stared at me for a moment before laughing.
"HAHA- YO- YOU. YOU DON'T KNOW HIS FAVORITE SONG? GOOD LUCK WITH THIS WHOLE 'ULTIMATE PLAN'!"
"WHAT'S HIS FAVORITE FUCKING SONG GWENDOLYN."
She stopped laughing for a moment.
"I don't know honestly I'm sorry. Ask Donna she probably knows!"
Great, now I got to go hunt down Donna.

I know she has first period with Finney, so I suppose I just.. pull her away from him and her whole class in general for a minute to ask a stupid question that I'm not even sure she knows the answer to?? For fucks sake, she probably does. They are bestfriends after all.

7:50AM - TUESDAY

I bolted to the science hall in search for a room called 4B..... Oh 4B where are you.... AHA! 4B!
I ran into the classroom.
"DONNA!!!!"
I accidentally screamed instead of saying it like a normal person. The whole class just stared at me in fear. Because of the fights I got into at school people were rather scared of me, I only had one friend. That friend being Finney. Although Donna's nice to me, whatever.
"Robin??? What do you want??"
Donna said staring at me while Finney just looked down at his paper, he was drawing something. Hes acting like its everyday I run into his classroom and yell at someone. What a little dork.
"Come here. Now. Please."
I begged.
"But Robin class starts in two minut-"
"NOW"
"Okay okay, geez."
She sighed, following me outside the class.
"Okay look this is gonna sound really weird and I promise I'll explain it later but whats Finney's favorite song."
She stared at me for a minute.
"Hmm, probably Bohemian Rhapsody?"
"Cool, thanks Donna your the best"
I said walking to the exit
"Hey Rob are you even gonna go to school today??"
"Nope"
I said still walking towards the Exit.

When I got home I plugged in my Guitar and got to work on learning the song.
I got it down in 3ish days. When I learned it completely I was so nervous to play it infront of him. But it'd be all worth it!

He's on his way to my house right now, we're just gonna "hang out" but as soon as he walks in I plan to suggest that I play some guitar for him.

*DING-DONG*
He's here. I opened the door and there he was! His hair was messy and it had a shiny tint to it because of the sun.
"Hey Robin!"
"Hey finney come on in"
I said moving to the side still holding the door open for him.
"Thanks!"
He said smiling at me. Fuck, I love his smile.
"Anytime!"
We sat down on my couch for a moment. Okay it's time now.
"Hey wanna go play guitar? I learned a new song I wanna play for you."
My stomach lurched. It felt like there was thousands of butterflies in it trying to flutter their way free. What if he says no? This whole plan will go to complete and utter shit. Please don't say n-
"Sure!"
He said excitedly. It's show time.
"Okay let's go"
I said as calmly as possible while walking towards my room.

We both sat down next to eachother on my bed. I turned on my guitar and rested it on my legs, Finney was staring at the strings of the guitar, so I assumed he was ready for me to start. So, I did.
I started strumming the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody and Finney's eyes absolutely lit up. He was so happy.

When I finished he started clapping.
"That was amazing Robin! I love that song!"
He said while giving me a tight hug. So I guess Donna told the truth.
"Yea.. and actually Finney I have to tell you something."
I said nervously while adjusting my body so I was facing him.
"Oh sure what is it?"
Finney asked.
"Well I..."
I paused for a moment. Am I really about to do this? Fuck it, it's too late now.
"I really like you."
Finney froze. He made a face, I couldn't tell if it was like a disgusted face or a shocked face.
"Like... like-like me?"
Finney asked me with a slight smile.
"Yes. I am in love with you Finn."
I said. Gosh that was so corny.
"I like you too."
Finney replied.
.... 'I like you too"...?????
I LIKE YOU TOO????
HE LIKES ME???
VICTORY.
"So.. what are we now..?"
Finney didn't answer, he just leaned in and gave me a KISS. HE KISSED ME.
I was a bit shocked so I didn't react for a moment but then I started smashing my lips against his too, finding a rhythm.
Once our kiss ended I said
"Boyfriends?"
"Boyfriends."
Finney replied.

We walked into school the next day hands intertwining eachother. We got a lot of stares that day but that was okay because we had eachother. He was mine and I was his.

"So I take it your little plan worked?"
Donna and Gwen asked.
"Plan??"
Finney asked.
"I'll tell you about it later."
I replied, kissing the top of his head.
.
🎸
.
(A/N I KNOW THIS WAS CHEESY IM SORRY BUT I LOVED THIS CONCEPT. 😭)