18 - 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐏𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 🎹

Genre: I don't even know
Words: 643

______

𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

I don't know why, but Robin has a fascination with piano.

I mean he always has.

He says he's been playing since he was a young kid, like 4.

Sometimes I'll find him in our spare room where we keep the piano with the lights off and a blanket wrapped around his waist.

"Are you okay?" I'd ask him but he'd reply with a grunt or a thumbs up, he never spoke when he was playing piano he was that concentrated.

I'm pretty sure its some sort of way he copes, copes with everything hes going through.

His uncle just died, they were very close. It's hit Robin like a bus. He's become quiet, cold, distant. I want to support and comfort Robin but he won't let me, it's like hes shutting me out.

I don't blame him though.

3𝙧𝙙 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

Finney gently stepped on the homes wood tile floors, walking towards the room Robin would call "The Piano Room". You could hear the muffled sounds of fingers crashing against piano keys and the chimes that come from said action. And of course, the lights were off. The darkness of the room crept out from under the gap in the closed door, sucking Finney in the void.

Finney shaped his hand around the golden doorknob, twisting it open quietly to not disturb his beloved.

"Robin..?"
Finney gently and quietly called for, only to recieve the hum of Robin in reply and the chimes that came from his piano.

"We need to talk."
Finney said, switching a lamp on and sitting down next to Robin on the Piano bench.

Not only was Robin cold socially, he was ice cold to the touch. Finney put his hand on Robin's shoulder and felt his shudder. The bumps along his arms were prominent and bold.

Robin completely ignored the action, continuing to play the song he's been practicing.

Finney could tell he was hurting. He could see it in his lovers sad, tired eyes

"Why are you shutting me out?"
Finney asked, gently. He wasn't angry at all, don't get him wrong.

Finney's words sent chills down Robin's spine, making him stop playing the piano and face him. This made Finney smile a bit, theres his boy. Theres Robin.

"I'm- I'm not"
Robin said in denial and in pure panic that Finney would ever think that.

"But you are, you can't keep isolating yourself like this."
Finney said, putting his hand against Robin's thigh.

Robin looked down at Finney's hand then back up at the boy in front of him. Robin's hair was a mess, it was tangled and sticking up. His eyes had dark bags under them, pulling his eyes down like a crane.

"I'm worried about you."
Finney said in pure seriousness. This sent chills down Robin's spine. He's locked himself in this room for a couple days now.

"I'm sorry."
Robin said quietly, tears forming in his eyes.

"It's okay my love."
Finney said, bringing Robin in an embrace letting Robin cry it all out.

"It's just everythings been hard-"

"Shhh, I know."
Finney said softly, rubbing circles into Robin's back.

After a couple moments, Robin sat up, gazing into Finney's eyes.

"Want me to play you a song?"
Robin asked with a faint smile. This brightened Finney's spirit, he was so happy to see Robin smiling.

"Yes"
Finney replied, leaning on Robin's shoulder.

Robin nodded, adjusting his hands on the piano's keys. He started smashing his fingers against the keys to the rythm of 'je te laisserai des mots - patrick watson'

Robin's music sent chills down Finney's back, it was heavenly.

That boy, was heavenly.

𝙖/𝙣

𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙡𝙖𝙯𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙞 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙄'𝙙 𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙩

𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙪