lvii. lily of the valley

FIFTY-SEVEN,
lily of the valley

FIFTY-SEVEN,lily of the valley

⋆

LOVE WAS A POISON.

One that no daring soul could ever cure, or
attempt to circumvent.

The disease took its elusive form in many alluring, discreet ways. It could be slow for the restless, or quick for the bold. Infatuation was cursed to be known as toxic, sneaking down welcoming veins and into the fragile canals of an unprepared, tender heart. This hinderance bothered body and mind, lacing each and every function together with such poisonous thoughts. Ones that imprisoned every unfortunate being in a rhythmic state, constantly functioning for another — for each breath, each word, and each steady beat of their heart would be solely dedicated to another.

That was the spell of love, turning a vulnerable person into part of another. Suddenly, your thoughts were not consistent, or flowing along any steady train within your mind. The tracks turned frightful to endure, including unfortunate bumps and detours that only led you to the clever apparition of the one who quickened the pace of your overwhelmed heart.

Of course, no love was ever destined to be mirroring of the other. Each summoned manifestation of the passion was dedicated to a unique individual, one whose DNA matched no other.

And for that, they deserved their own form of love. An exclusive kind to receive, and of course, to give another.

Ella Samuels was a prime example of one who knew this certainty quite well.

For, an undeniable person for sure owned the veins of her heart, and the force of blood through each and every valve that controlled the poorly functioning limbs of her body and mind. By the passing seconds that evolved into minutes, into eventual hours of the day without the Grimes boy, Ella began to truly realize the extent of the love in which dictated over her fragile existence.