Chapter 3: Set Fire To The Rain

"I let it fall, my heart...
And as it fell, you rose to claim it.
It was dark and I was over...
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me."

The stinging in her eyes just kept growing as she threw up her breakfast. It didn't last long before she was pulling up her hair and the entire contents of her stomach was inside of the toilet. She flushed it as she wiped the corner of her mouth.

It was fucking positive.

The test had came back positive after that second day of her having a light period with no harsh cramps that put her on her ass. It felt off and as soon as she finished the few days of spotting, she went to get a test.

Clay still had no idea.

Maybe because she was avoiding him and tried to act as normal as possible when she was around him. She knew she couldn't dance for long especially when she started showing though a lot of men had fetishes for that type of stuff, it was a risk on her and the baby's life.

She didn't know if she wanted to keep the baby or even tell Clay about the damn thing. He was always in and out of jail plus he ran with a biker gang so he had no legitimate money coming in. Plus she didn't know if she was able to share her space with a new human. Especially one that she would have to care for day in and out.

A knock at her front door had her taking a deep breath and grabbing a can of Sprite from her fridge. She needed something to settle her stomach.

"Hello?", she asked as she opened the door to a frustrated looking Clay.

He rubbed his eyes as he stood in the door. The breeze from the outside snuck in and she opened the door wider for him to squeeze inside.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, baby. How are you?"

"I'm fine," Louisa ignored the butterflies in stomach and closed the door behind him when he came inside. "Just took a shower and ready to jump in my bed."

Clay noticed that she was standing off to the side and had yet to come over and give him a hug or kiss. She did look exhausted though.

He came over to rub her arms that were now crossed. A sad look on her face didn't look right. She always was so upbeat and smiling unless her period was here then she was forlorn and sad. Today was not one of those days, he noticed she was more standoffish than usual.

"We can climb into the bed together."

She smiled at the sweet gesture especially since he was usually out of the house by 10 and she was asleep until 6 on a good day. Luckily the pregnancy test was thrown in the big trash bin and she wasn't going to be eating any time soon so she shouldn't be throwing up.

"Ok."

"But there's a side to you that I never knew,
never knew...
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true.
And the games you'd play...
You would always win, always win."

She woke up groggy and stretched out her limbs to get more comfortable. In the midst of stretching, she noticed that Clay was no longer beside her. She checked her alarm and it was just 1 in the afternoon.

Louisa stood up and went downstairs.

She heard a voice speaking and froze at the words.

"John is getting in the way of things," Clay spoke in a cold tone that she had never heard. "I need him gone. Gemma and I can't move forward without him out of our way."

She placed a hand over her mouth as she heard the words that sounded like someone wanting to get rid of someone else. The tone that he held was something she never heard but it caused a shiver to run down her spine.

"Make it happen."

Louisa accidentally knocked over a picture frame that shattered. She cursed loudly.

"Baby, you're awake," Clay asked with a smile. His eyes were searching hers for something that showed she knew what he had just been discussing.

"Yeah, you weren't beside me."

Her eyes were calm and she was genuinely upset that her picture was broken so she avoided his eyes as she went to clean it up. She tried her best to stay as normal as possible.

"I have to go. The club needs me," Clay gave her a quick kiss to the lips.

Louisa smiled at the gesture before waving him goodbye.

As the door shut, a feeling of dread came over her. She knew that men who were willing to kill to get someone out of there way, then there was no way they cared about anyone else. Another reason she couldn't shake the dread was her mother had been killed by her own husband and Louisa's father for stealing a brick of cocaine from his operation.

Dangerous men were something she was familiar with and it never failed that she found men who were also dangerous.

"Fuck me...", she whispered as a feeling of deja vu set in.