Chapter 21: Pure Cocaine

(AN: 👀🤭 Enjoy, Comment, & Like !)

When your wrist like this, you don't check the forecast
Every day it's gon' rain, yeah
Made a brick through a brick, I ain't whip up shit
This pure cocaine, yeah
From the streets, but I got a little sense
But I had to go coupe, no brain, coupe no brain
I ain't worried 'bout you, I'ma do what I do
And I do my thing, do my thing
Bought her brand new shoes, told her kick rocks
Don't stand too close, diamonds kickbox
Think red means goes so I don't stop

"A penny for your thoughts," Sherice whispered into my ear as I stopped mid pat on my concealer.

I put the sponge down and looked over at her. She was holding up my favorite pink two piece skirt set and I raised a brow. There were two ways to piss me off : wear my cutest clothes & eat the last bite of any food that I had my heart set on. My sister did both all the time.

"Where do you think you're going with that?"

"Um, to a party. I am leaving in about 20 minutes if I can borrow this for the night." She pouted cutely and her little button nose just made me give in.

"Go before I change my mind!"

She gave me a kiss on the cheek in thanks before hauling ass out of my room. I sighed deeply and went back to finishing my face.

"Where you going all dolled up?", my mother asked with a slight smirk.

She already knew but wanted me to be honest with her. Like I haven't been going to the same three places for the last couple of days. I go with my bestie, Paula, to her uncle's garage and help him out or we race late on that night. I also go to my favorite spot, The Cafe, to just chill, drink tea, and read a good book. Or I find myself sitting on the couch staring blankly at the TV like how Bella stared out that window waiting for a man who was too strong willed to turn back for her.

"Nowhere special."

"Well since it's nowhere special. I have someone I wanted you to meet," my mother stood behind me and she could gauge my reaction by the mirror because I had yet to turn around.

I just stared blankly into the mirror before shrugging like it didn't matter. I could always hit the racing scene another weekend. The best weekends were the first and last of the month anyways.

"Let me finish and I'll be ready to go."

My mother nodded and left me to finish.

The silence in my room made my chest feel heavy so I turned to my iPod and turned on a nice little playlist of the 90s hits.

'This is How We Do It' was the first song to play. I felt my mood lift just a little at the beat and just the song in general.

———

We were dressed and ready to go when my mother received a call and she informed me that our driver was outside. I raised a brow at the princess treatment we were being given. She usually had this sort of luxurious lifestyle going on anyways but she never let it touch us. In some ways, I felt like she kept her life private to keep us safe but it just felt like living with a stranger sometimes.