Chapter 26: Flowers

Chapter 26: Flowers

A/N: sorry just a minor filler chapter to get the juices back flowing 😅

The next morning, I had a small hangover so I wore my shades as I pulled off in my ride to the meet up. I yawned covering my mouth slightly as I let some soft music play.

Paula had kicked Chibs out of the house are 3 and Jax slowly followed so she was kind of out of it as well. Her hood was pulled over her head and she wore shades as well.

"What's this about? I thought we had set dates and times when we meet," Paula grumbled.

I rolled my eyes at the bratty attitude. Yes, we hadn't eaten breakfast or properly dressed but we were in a new business and we had to do all that we could to learn it, inside and out.

"It's obviously August, Paul. Maybe some new info that we need?"

"Better be. I could be sleeping in at this exact moment."

Finally we made it to our destination and I threw the car in park before getting out.

The men were already gathered around and a smirking August glanced over at me and Paula's attire which was way different from when we first met. Today we wore sweats and baby tees with a hoodie and our sunglasses.

"Punctual," August checked his watch as the time showed him 8:00 AM exact.

I gestured for him to get the meeting started with a roll of my hand. He chuckled darkly before stepping forward.

"Word around is the Charming gang are pushing out H and pussy of their area so we've had to make arrangements elsewhere. Can I get you two to set up a meeting with the Triad and neighboring gangs that look like us?", August asked me and Paula, who looked over the whole meeting, to see if we were up to the task.

I nodded.

"Contact and collateral. All you have to do."

Taking the phone and envelope from him, I pressed my lips in a thin line. The thought of having to rub elbows with dangerous men always excites me but I didn't want to drag Paula into anything. Even now I always took her lead on letting her choose if she wanted to be apart of this.

"I'll text you when it's all set," I promised as I stepped back and waited for the rest of the meeting to continue.

We were good, we were gold
Kinda dream that can't be sold
We were right 'til we weren't
Built a home and watched it burn
Mm, I didn't wanna leave you
I didn't wanna lie
Started to cry, but then remembered I
I can buy myself flowers
Write my name in the sand
Talk to myself for hours

Once again, he gave the men a pep talk about keeping their noses clean and the operation lowkey as possible.

He pulled me over to the side with a stern look.

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, your uncle wanted me to inform you that their might be a rat in the circle so weed him out without making too much noise. Anything amiss let me know and I'll jump right on it," August kept his tone low as he spoke while he lined his shoulders with mine and we both peered over at the men now joking with one another.

"Gotcha."

"This meeting is OVER!"

At his tone, the men nodded and stepped off to the side to let August get into his car and followed suit while Paula and I stood watching them all.

Usually I like to drive off before everyone left but I wasn't too sure on what to do now that we have a mole in our circle. We waited until the disappeared into the distance before we climbed back into my car and drove away.

"What's up?", Paula demanded as we drove off in silence.

I threw the envelope and phone into the glove box and sighed heavily. It was a lot already and I had only been in town for a couple months.

"We might have a rat infestation."

"Who?"

"No name. We need to set up the perfect plan to trap them so we can capture and release."

"No problem," Paula smirked as she let her head rest against her hand while glancing out the window. "After this race, I'll have some girls lined up to give them the party of their lives."

"Good."

Paint my nails cherry red
Match the roses that you left
No remorse, no regret
I forgive every word you said
Ooh, I didn't wanna leave you, baby
I didn't wanna fight
Started to cry, but then remembered I
I can buy myself flowers
Write my name in the sand
Talk to myself for hours, yeah
Say things you don't understand
I can take myself dancing, yeah
I can hold my own hand
Yeah, I can love me better than you can

The night came and we got dressed up for our race with a little pregame but I ultimately cut myself off to give myself a chance to sober up.