Chapter 25: Awkward

Chapter 25: Awkward

The ride felt amazing. A light breeze through my hair, my eyes watched the sky, but my hands clutched tightly to his waist and the leather kutte he wore. I felt like I was flying.

"Doing alright, darlin'?", Jax called over the roar of the engine.

I leaned in close to his ear and reassured him that I was doing better than alright. I had this rush whenever I rode on anything fast. My mind went blank and my adrenaline pumped. I loved the feeling.

"The rush is amazing."

"You're an adrenaline junkie! You know that?"

I giggled but shrugged in agreement. Of course, I drove fast cars, fast bikes, and four wheel drives all because I loved the rush of speed.

We drove for what felt like hours until he pulled into my driveway and I stared up at my new home.

It looked huge and the stars painted an amazing background. I hopped off the bike after removing my helmet and passing it to Jax.

"Thanks for the ride."

"Anytime."

"Would you come in for a drink, Jax? I know you have a party you want to get back to..."

"Nah. You up for a nightcap, though?"

My phone started ringing and I stepped back with a slight smile on my face.

"Come inside, Mr. Teller," I called out as I stepped closer to the front steps and answered my phone simultaneously.

Jax followed me.

"Hello?"

"Got a call from the boss. Important meeting at 8AM. Be there."

"Sir, yes, sir."

I hung up the phone and unlocked my front door. The warmth from inside welcomed me as the cool night breeze brushed against my back. I reached back for Jax's hand and pulled him inside.

It was worth it (ooh, it was)
I would do it again (hey)
I know you hurt me, but (hey)
This is more than a friendship
Now I made it awkward
Why did you let me do it?
I made it, I make it awkward (hey, hey)
We wasn't ready for it (hey, hey)
But can we still love on each other?
Can we still touch on each other?
Can we still not judge each other?
You know, you know
I make it awkward

"What's your poison, Mr. Teller?"

My hips swayed enticingly as I slipped off my heels and threw my keys and phone into the bowl onto the table of the foyer. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and noticed my hair was wind blown but still in tact. Jax stared at me with this innocent look on his handsome face.

"Jack is fine."

"Let's play a drinking game, Jackson... Truth or Drink."

He started laughing but I could see the wheels spinning in his head and the beautiful blue eyes sparkled under the lights.

I motioned for him to follow me into the living room where I lowered the lights and lit some candles. My surround sound created an ambience as SZA came through the speakers. Her voice soothed something inside of me.