Chapter 13: Woo

Chapter 13: Woo

"I bet she could never make you cry
'Cause the scars on your heart are still mine
Tell me that she couldn't get this deep
She can almost be the worst of me (yeah, yeah)
Too bad she's just eating off your dreams
Let me know when you're ready to bleed
Baby, you just need to send for me"

I cleared my throat as both Jax and I stared at the man who was responsible for me standing here. The fact that I had been looking for him all this time and there he sat smoking a cigar at the head of the table. I watched him glance up and I raised a brow at the uninterested look in his eyes.

"Clay Morrow?"

"Who's asking?"

"Clay, this is Martie," Jax pointed at me.

I stepped forward out of his comfort and into the cold glare of my father.

"Louisa Williams was my mother," I offered her old name so that it would refresh his memory.

"Was? You mean, she died?", he asked as if he had any genuine concern about my mother. I doubt it with the cold gaze he gave to me earlier.

"Yes."

Clay gestured for me to take a seat. I shook my head and crossed my arms. Who was he to think he's running the show?

"I can stand," I spoke in a harsh tone. "Jax, can you give us a minute?"

I felt him squeeze my shoulder once more before he actually left me alone with Clay closing the doors behind him. I stared into that man's eyes for awhile until the urge to scream took over.

"Why are you really here? If you're looking for money, I can't give it to you," Clay's tone was void of emotions.

I scoffed at his harsh words.

"Yeah, cause you look like you're just rolling in cash," I glanced around at the stuffy room that we sat in. It contained chairs lining the huge table and a safe on the opposite side.

"Then why are you here?"

"Some truth, maybe. If you know who I am, then why are you acting as if you don't?"

"Because you shouldn't be here. I got enough shit on my plate than to deal with a half breed who shouldn't have been born," he snapped angrily putting down the cigar and leaving me stunned by his words.

"She warned me. She warned me that you weren't the man I was looking for. And she was right," I shook my head. The anger that bubbled inside of me took over but I didn't act on it like I usually would. I let the reality check wash over me. "Never knew I would have a racist for a father."

"If I was racist then I would have never laid with your mother..."

I rolled my eyes.

It didn't justify shit. Fucking someone was way different than respecting that they were a different shade, different race, and a completely different culture than you. That's just like saying I hate white women for their Karen attitude but I don't care because I can fuck their white men that have a fetish for my black skin.