Chapter 12: Bare Wit Me

Martie's Outfit ^

I took a quick shower after Jax showed me inside and I waved to a lot of the men staring and received a bunch of ugly looks from the women walking around. I ignored them as I walked into the auto shop which wasn't just an auto shop but a sort of clubhouse. He walked me past the bar into the back where a hallway led to a motorcycle on a pedestal before we went into his room.

I noticed that it didn't smell like the usual male stench of stale feet and dirty clothes.

"Pretty nice," I complimented the room especially now that I could see it was actually a nice space.

"Thanks. Make yourself comfortable while I go get Bobby started on cooking you and Paula up some food."

I grabbed his shirt before he could turn around and leave. We stared at each other for a second before I leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Thanks again, Prince Charming."

"I know I'm so indecisive
And I know that you don't like it
And I'd never let my guard down
But you steady tryna wife it (oh no)
Don't you see that I got baggage
My heart's way too hard to manage (oh no)
I can't give a nigga my trust
Said you working to change that
But just bare with me"

He seemed stunned by the kiss but still gave me a wide smile.

"No problem, darling."

I smacked a hand over my face at my implosive action. He probably thought I was a weirdo now. I cursed softly as the fluttering in my stomach came back.

With a shake of my head, I went into the bathroom to heat the water up. I stepped back out to pull out my outfit and my things for my shower. Just as I pulled off my shirt, the door opened.

"Jesus Christ!", the lady shrieked as she walked in on me stripping myself of my clothes. "Jax didn't tell me he just finished a quickie."

"Not a five second bitch, thank you," I offered as I covered my chest with my shirt. "But I was about to jump in the shower that Jax so kindly offered."

"What are you doing here?", she asked looking me up and down like I was shit on the bottom of her shoe.

"About to shower, lady. What do you want?"

"No. What are you doing here? In Charming...", her voice held something in it that made me pause. I looked at her carefully.

She seemed as if she knew me.

"I came to meet my father. But what is that to you?", I asked.

"Your father should have killed that mother of yours when he had the chance. Now her demon seed pops up to haunt us."

"So you do know who I am?"

She nodded. Her eyes were filled with hatred and rage but I didn't know what her reasons were. I had done absolutely nothing to her.

"You don't know what you've done."

I sat on the bed and let her keep talking.

"If you reveal any of this to my son, you will not leave Charming alive. I'm just here to make sure that you keep the past in the past, doll face," the old bitch threatened me before she opened the door to leave.

"Mom, what are you-"

I shook off her words and stood to go inside of the bathroom. Being exposed to Jax was the last thing I needed. I heard them talk for a moment before the door shut again.