Chapter 18: Ice Princess

"I see Chibs," Paula giggled as she moved away from me and Sherice to find little boo in the crowd. I shook my head at that girl. Chibs had to be packing for my girl to go CooCoo for his ass.

She never really told me what happened that night I woke up alone in Jax's room.

"Everything looks good. Your Nitrous was replaced and tires look great. I don't even know why you always have me check out your car, Martie. You keep this baby up to date," Ryan joked as he pushed his glasses up on his nose.

Ryan was my tech guy and he pretty much knew his way around old and new cars so I asked for a little extra help during some races. Also I knew he was a sweet guy so I kept him around just to hang.

"Ryan, thank you," I turned on my sweet voice to see if Sherice would look at him. She had her face planted in a plate full of nachos. I threw my elbow out. "Thanks for everything as always."

"Fuck!", Sherice yelled angrily as her plate fell down and nachos were on the ground.

"Are you okay?", Ryan asked sweetly as he picked up a napkin and tried to wipe some cheese off her arms.

The splatter had touched her arm and pants but I don't think he wanted to be seen as a perv by touching her pants. She mumbled something angrily as she snatched the napkin from him and tried to clean herself.

"I'll go get more napkins and a new plate for you."

I watched Ryan rush away after blushing slightly and Sherice just look over the whole thing. I laughed at the scowl on her pretty face.

"Why the fuck would you do that?"

"I was trying to get you to look at Ryan. He's a sweet guy."

"So..."

I started to tell her something but a tap on my shoulder had me spinning around to see Jax in all his gangster glory. He wore his cap backwards and the clothes were pretty much similar to the first pair I ever seen him in. He didn't switch up his style I see.

"The ground only one eating tonight," Jax joked as he pointed to the nachos that were spilled at my angry sister's feet.

I shook my head.

"You could if you're a good boy," I smirked.

"Is that a promise?"

Jax got closer and our lips were like inches apart. I went to kiss him but the horn blared loudly meaning we had to rev up our engines and get to the starting line.

"How about I show you something a little more fascinating?"

I grabbed his hand before he could ask me about it. I gestured for him to get into my passenger seat and walked over to the driver seat. I'd never had a second person riding with me, only a few times before when I was getting trained by an old friend.

"Do I get like a helmet?", Jax joked as he looked back into my backseat to see my Nitrous set up all pretty like.

"I'll keep that pretty little head on your shoulders. Don't worry," I winked, pressing the gas and revving my engine nicely.

I pulled up to the starting line and glanced to the left where all the other racers were in line. Then faced the front where a petite Asian with long curly hair stood holding the flag. She waved it with a wide smile but didn't yell 'Go', just yet.

"Are you ready?!", she yelled to the crowd causing a ruckus of cheers.

Jax turned to me with a look of awe. I just raised a brow because I knew he felt the thrill just by him being a biker. He knew a little something about the speed and thrill of adrenaline.

"Are you ready?"

"I've never been afraid of a little speed."

I winked at him quickly before the girl before us finally dropped the flag and yelled for the race to start.

My reflexes were practically trained to kick into gear basically muscle memory at this point as I hit the gas and took off. I started off rough but kept a good distance behind two cars leaving one with a slow start behind.

As I rounded my first curb, I shifted and sped up just in time to pass the second car putting me in second place. I drummed my hands against the gear shift after I blasted my music.

'Ice Princess' by Azealia Banks blasted loudly while I picked up speed.

I'm so cold I'm dripping icicles
I go and take your man that nigga might miss you
Spent his whole commission on my neck and ear
To stand around me need to have ya winter gear
Pay me coats and benz's and that berg-ice
That's why I do not feel these bitches, frostbite
Grown money, ever since a youngin' made my own money
You broke honey, and they call me Banks, cause I can loan money
Colder than December, my diamonds on Anna Wintour
So that's fly ice in my life
I don't see no limits so I strive and I shine twice

When I rounded my final curb, I was neck and neck with the first place driver. He gave me a look but I wasn't worried about him passing that finish line before me. I waited and as he swerved to knock me off the road, I swerved over and hit my brake a little before he could hit me. Jax held onto his seat but I just kept singing along to the song.

Before I knew it, the first driver came back at me but I was way past him and turned around basically nose to nose with the front end of his car as I put the car in reverse. He had begun pushing me but he tried to swerve to get me off of him so he'd get back in first place now that I was in front of him. So he hit his brakes to pull off but just as he hit his brakes, I smirked as I reversed and spun in a circle before hitting the gas and speeding towards the finish line.

He hit his nitrous about two seconds too early as he tried to catch back up with me. Just as his began to fade, I hit mine with a smirk as Jax's hair whipped past his face.

The finish line greeted me as I crossed it.

They rise when I arrive in this
"All Hail The Supreme Ice Princess!"
Tell the carriage, hurry up and come and get me
Tell the haters run along you can miss me
Hollywood you can go and A-list me
I like a shot of hard whiskey

Jax looked at me as I came to a stop.

"The party's only just began, my friend," I laughed as we were surrounded by everyone.

Paula came to give me my props and I gave her a big hug as she hyped the crowd up to cheer for me. I smiled widely at everyone who always showed up for me, supporting me every race win or lose, and I hugged my bestie.

"Party time!"

Tej handed me my stack of money and I gave him a thanks.

I looked to Jax and noticed how he just stood off to the side admiring my win. I walked back over to him and before he could open his mouth to say anything...

I leaned in and kissed him right then and there.

Everyone made an 'ooh' noise but I ignored them as I gave him the grand finale of the night.

"Now let's party..."