atlantis

"Tell me you're joking, right?" Yeji sobbed softly as Ryujin stood silent in front of her. She couldn't bear to say a word.

"Look, I can't love you anymore." Yeji's heart dropped as she heard those words come out of her girlfriend's mouth.

"Love please, tell me why this has to end? I love you, please don't leave me. If I did something wrong, I- I promise I'll fix it just for you. Ryujin, I'm begging" Ryujin just stared at Yeji with a blank face.

Holding back her tears, "I can't save us my love." she muttered softly, her voice cracking.

FLASHBACK

"I told you to stop this already, the world can't see you dating the same gender Ryujin!" Ryujin's father had muttered angrily, "No! You don't understand father, I can do whatever I want-" her father cut her off.

"You will do as I say Shin Ryujin! This is wrong, and what do you think the people will say? You didn't even think about that! And this is for the best. For the company!" His father yelled.

She was in tears, she couldn't say anything. But all she was aware of is that his father is doing this for the purposes of money, considering that their business is lacking.

"If I find out that you're still seeing her, I'll make sure you won't be able to see her again. Now leave." she bit her lip in anger, she ran upstairs and started to sob painfully.

"I'm sorry Yeji, but I promise I'll come back for you."

"I'm sorry Yeji, please leave." Ryujin said.

"No- I can't let this happen, we can work this out-"

"Not this time, please. No matter how much I don't want this to end, it needs to." Ryujin opened her arms for a soft embrace.

Yeji couldn't stop the tears from falling down her face as she hugged her tightly.

She rubbed her back and kissed her forehead, "Forgive me love, please, I'll come back for you. I love you."

Yeji couldn't say anything but sob painfully onto her chest, "Yeji, please respond." Ryujin lifted her chin up to see her face a mess.

"I can't lose you."

"So do I, my love, please wait for me darling. I love you." Ryujin kissed her softly, her arms wrapped around his waist.

Ryujin slowly moved her lips away, "My love, I promise I'll come back, just please don't loose hope. I'll always love you from afar, I promise you if I finally settle things down with my father I'll come back." Yeji tugged on her jacket as she continued crying heavily.

"Don't leave." She pleaded, "I- I'll do anything- please?" Ryujin kissed her nose. "As much as I want to stay, it has to end my darling. Please cooperate."

Ryujin tried to pull away from the hug but Yeji hugged her tighter.

"Please my love, just for now. I'll come back and I promise you that."

"No, not gonna happen."

Ryujin giggled softly as she took her arms off her, "It has to end here."

"I can try and save us, please love." Yeji begged but Ryujin knew she couldn't do anything.

"I can't save us love, I really can't." Ryujin kissed her lips and she gladly returned it back, she slowly pulled away.

"I love you Yeji, please be patient with me. I love you darling." She whispered as they placed their head ontop of each other's.

"I love you Ryujin, and I'll be patient with you. Can we have our last dance?" Yeji asked as she smiled a bit.

"We shall," Ryujin responded happily as they both danced the night away.