7/11

THIRD PERSON

It was a cold and rainy evening, the brunette-haired girl wore her coat along with her dark brown boots. She grabbed her keys from the table and left the house.

She had been feeling down lately and stressed due to exams and the amount of pressure her parents put on her.

She felt like she was about to explode, but of course, she can't hold any grudge against them; they were her parents.

Good thing she was living with them separately, she lived in a small condo with decent design and furniture that was stable enough to sustain her needs as a student.

She walked into the elevator and clicked the button to go down a certain level. As the elevator stopped, she walked out and walked towards her car.

She got in and turned the engine on with her car keys, she locked the doors securely and started driving.

She felt relieved as she started driving, thoughts that she kept overthinking finally come to a halt.

She sighed.

As she finally arrived at her destination, she grabbed her wallet and got out of her car; she locked the car and walked towards the shop.

7/11.

The store she always goes to at midnight every time she feels stressed, not many people were around and some of the staff are leaving as their shift ends.

There was one female worker that had stayed, she was thankful that at least she could still buy ramen.

She walked inside and started picking out her items, as she did so, she picked out a snack she'd eaten in the store.

She walked to the counter and placed her items down, "Good evening, Ma'am." She looked up to see a short-haired girl wearing the typical uniform.

She smiled as she paid for her items, she received her items and walked towards a table inside the shop.

She sat down and started eating the chips that she bought, just a little snack she bought.

She turned on her phone and saw a notification from her mom.

'Fuck.'

She thought to herself.

She felt tired, she sighed and rolled her eyes, and turned off her phone

She felt tired, she sighed and rolled her eyes, and turned off her phone. She continued eating her chips and thoughts of what she was going to do lingered in the back of her mind. She was confused.

A few minutes passed, and she felt someone sit beside her. She looked to her side and saw the short-haired female that worked at the 7/11 she was in.

"Hi, you seem off, care for a conversation?" Yeji smiled a bit, "Of course," The short-haired girl moved closer next to her.

"You seem off, what happened?" The short-haired girl said Yeji giggled, "Wala manlang introduce yourself?" The short-haired girl chuckled and took off her hat.

"My apologies, pretty lady. I'm Shin Ryujin, I work here. I think that's enough now." Yeji smiled and nodded, "Mhm, Ryujin. I'm Hwang Yeji." Ryujin giggled and looked at her softly.

"Care to explain what happened? You don't need to go into full detail," Yeji nodded, "Mom. Oh gosh. Where do I even begin?" Ryujin placed an arm on her back and rubbed it softly.

"Take it slow,"

"Mom had been forcing me to get into an arranged marriage with a guy I don't even like, and she kept pushing me for almost three years now. It's getting overwhelming, they'll do anything for money without giving a damn about their daughter." Yeji sighed and looked down.

"Aww, that's awful. But hey, you're heard and your feelings are valid. But just a question if you don't mind," Yeji nodded, "Are your parents always like that?"

Yeji chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, they'd do anything for money, even if it means manipulating their daughter." Ryujin nodded and looked away, removing her arm that was on the back of Yeji.

"I hope everything goes well for you, Yeji. You seem like a sweet girl." Yeji smiled softly, "How about you? What brings you hear?" Ryujin chuckled and looked back at her.

"What?"

"My ex-girlfriend and I broke up through a phone call." Yeji's eyes widened, "Oh, how come?" Ryujin shrugged her shoulders, "She cheated on me with a guy she told me not to worry about." Yeji felt bad for the short-haired girl.

"I hope you'll heal soon, your feelings are validated by me." Ryujin smiled, "Thank you, Yeji." Yeji nodded and giggled.

"Well, I need to get going. It's getting late." Yeji stood up and took out her wallet, "Oh, sure. Get home safely, Ma'am." Ryujin smiled.

"Why thank you, Ryujin. You too."

Yeji left the store whilst Ryujin was left in shock by her beauty.

She didn't know that working at a 7/11 would start a random but beautiful conversation with a beautiful stranger.

Hwang Yeji.