ex lovers

It was a typical Sunday, nothing new had happened, as usual, I spent my day in my room reading books and playing games on my phone whilst my parents are at work, and my brother? Yeah, he's at school.

I wondered how would it feel like to have parents by your side 24/7, you know, parents who would be there if you needed anything.

And non-strict parents, my parents were strict when it came to me. And when it came to my older brother, they would let him do anything he wanted to.

It's so fucking unfair.

I hated my sick and boring life, and whenever I'd go out to party they wouldn't let me. But they do let me invite friends over, which is fine, I guess.

It was eleven o'clock in the evening, I still wasn't asleep, my parents weren't home either, and so was my brother.

I sighed and stood up, opening the door. I rolled my eyes to find no one here but maids, I hated this.

I closed the door and walked towards my closet, I thought of something, maybe if I'd sneak out it'll be a better way to hang out with Dahyun and the others.

I quickly opened my closet and grabbed a black hoodie, I put it on and strolled over to my desk. I snatched a hair tie and tied my hair in a ponytail, I grabbed my car keys and left my room.

You may ask, your parents gave you a car but they don't let you out? Yeah, it's a thing.

I was about to go downstairs until the front door opened, revealing my parents, my brother, and, another family?

I hid my car keys in my pockets and went downstairs, "Oh hello, Yeji. I am so sorry we went home late, work was pretty busy today. And we came to pick hyunjin up from school five hours ago, and he had to wait so he is tired as well." I smiled and nodded in response, "But, we did bring home food since we have a guest coming over to file a contract." I glanced behind them to see, no way.

Shin fucking Ryujin.

My ex-girlfriend? What the fuck was she doing here, my gosh mom.

"So, please ask the maids to get the table settled up." I nodded and walked away, this is gonna hell.

RYUJIN

Yeji walked away with an upset look on her face, was it because I was here? Well, if so, that hurts.

Yeji and I dated for six months, and we got detached because of her best friend. She wouldn't believe me and instead chose to believe that brat, honestly, why was she friends with Irene anyways?

Like, all Irene did was lie to Yeji's face, yet the dumb girl believed her. I did try to speak to her, but she pushed me away.

I wondered if Yeji is still friends with her, and their age gap was far, I don't even know why would she be friends with a college student when she's just in twelfth grade.

We still share the same class, and same glances. Except hers was replenished with hatred, whilst mine was genuine.

I did miss her, but it wasn't my fault she chose to believe that brat.

But why were we even here in the first place? To what? File contracts and get into an arranged marriage? Yeah no, not a chance.

I rolled my eyes as I looked around, hyunjin sat on their couch; on his phone, whilst my parents talked to Yeji's parents.

I let out a sigh as the maids guided us towards the dining area, their house was pretty large I will admit, but I wonder what living here feels like.

Our parents sat and I did too, and I was next to Yeji. Great. Just great.

"Hyunjin! Stop with the games, time for dinner!" Yeji's mom shouted and seconds later, Yeji's brother sat next to her.

"So, let us enjoy our meals." And with that being said, I dug into my meal.

Yummy.

——

After an hour, we had finally finished our meal, and I was glad they didn't mention anything about Yeji and I.

Which I highly appreciate, I felt eyes on me, but I chose to ignore it.

"So, about the contract, we wanted to talk to you all about it, especially to ryujin and yeji." I felt like my world was stopping.

"What mom?" Yeji muttered rolling her eyes, "since we own a massive business, why don't you work for once?" Yeji's eyes lit up with enthusiasm, and I can feel it.

"Wait, really?" I smiled a bit, "Yes and Ryujin will be there too, I heard you two are classmates." Dad said, I bit my tongue.

"Y-yeah, we are." Yeji stuttered and looked down, oh fuck, she looked so cute.

I smiled, "may I know more about the contract Mrs. And Mr. Hwang?" Yeji glanced at me and to my surprise, I saw her smile in the corner of my eye.

"Of course, you will be working as the marketing manager and Yeji will be your assistant. Every 15th and 20th will be your paycheck, and there is a night shift and day shift options." I smiled and nodded.

"So Ryujin, you agree to work?" Mom let out a chuckle and I nodded, "Of course,"

"I accept the offer," I looked at Yeji and saw her smiling, "I guess it's settled then."

I guess this is another beginning with the same person who broke my heart,

hello Hwang Yeji.