Chapter 52 : Fall feelings

Shits abt to get real cringe so bear w me guys

trust me its worth it for the character development

Why the fuck did Tommy have to be in college at 8:30 despite not having a class until 11?

No one knew, especially not the boy himself.

And because none of his friends had as much time to waste as he did due to their different classes, he was currently sitting outside in front of Carisbrook college, enjoying the rarely sunny British whether.

Tommy felt an overwhelming sense of guilt. And anger. And sorrow. And confusion. Just everything he wouldn't want to be feeling at that moment.

The guilt came from the fact that he'd outed Ray's identity to some extent where it wasn't his place to. Sure, he didn't scream anything like "yeah, she's a spoiled, annoying rich girl who walks around with bags of cash", but Ray had made it clear that she didn't want people to know too much about her. And now Wilbur and Tubbo did, and god knows who else because they could've told somebody.

Why was he angry? Well, Tom didn't really have an explanation for that one. But he's been angry for a while now. And it all came down to one person- Ray herself.

Tommy's never had any real struggles when it came to pursuing his passions. From the get-go his parents knew that he wanted to pursue his dreams on social media rather than academic achievements. They supported him, and subsequently helped him on his climb to popularity, and he loves and cherishes them for that.

And he knew he was lucky, because even many of his friends didn't have it this easy. Especially Ray.

From what Tommy remembered, Ray would only mention her parents whenever they were fighting. Unlike his, her parents never seemed to take into account her interests, and forced her to be someone she wasn't. And it disgusted him and angered him. Especially seeing the effect it had on her.

What about the sorrow? Well, Tom never knew he could miss and worry for a person so much up until now.

And all of these strange feelings contributed to his general sense of confusion.

Looking up, the boy tried to focus on his surroundings rather than his raging insides.

Carisbrooke college was surrounded by a small forest, with large evergreen trees shooting up into the sky at 20, maybe 30 meters. He'd picked a bench at the furthermost left corner of the school, where there weren't many windows for kids to stare at him out of. Right in front of him was the road that led to the roundabout at the entrance to the school where many of the kids would get dropped off.

But no matter how much he forced himself to admire the stunning reds, yellows and oranges that colored the crowns of the large trees, he just couldn't get himself to do it. All that was on his mind was one goddamn girl.

And he felt like soon he'd no longer be able to deny the ticklish feeling in the pit of his stomach whenever he thought about her.

Once again burying his head in his hands in anger, Tommy let out a drawn-out sigh.

After a few moments of pure, blissful silence, it was promptly interrupted by the distant roaring of a car engine.

Upon looking up, Tommy turned his head to find a black SUV racing down the road, nearly skidding as it turned the corner.

However, as it drew closer, suddenly the driver stepped on the breaks, so hard that the car nearly flipped over. And that was how it stopped right in front of Tom.

The windows were tinted, so the boy couldn't really see who it was or what they wanted, but he did hear the muffled commotion happening inside. It sounded like two voices arguing, before eventually one seemed to give in, and Tommy heard the loud clicking noise of the locks unlocking.

"Yes, yes, I'll be quick, thanks Marcus!" He suddenly heard a voice on the other side of the car along with the sound of a car door opening and being shut.

'Wait...'
Tommy thought to himself, his brows furrowing.

As he stared at the car ahead of him, suddenly it started moving away, and revealed the person standing behind it.

Tommy felt like he couldn't breathe.

Ray was standing there, her school uniform neat and clean as it always was. She'd brought up her shoulder length brown hair into two spacebuns on top of her head, along with a navy-blue headband. She no longer had dark circles under her eyes as she usually would, and instead, her green orbs seemed to be full of life. Even the slight downward curve that her lips usually formed into was replaced by a soft, yet ecstatic smile.

And then they stood there for a couple of seconds, staring at each other, before Tommy proceeded to slowly get up. He was still speechless- his mouth slightly open in shock, and his eyes widened.

It was as if everything he'd felt for the past couple of weeks came crashing down on him.

And before he could even process what he was doing, he had already strided over to her, and wrapped his arms around her. His face ended up buried in her neck, and his hands clutched onto the fabric of her blazer so tightly, as if he didn't want to let go.

And Tom closed his eyes, grounding himself, and reminding himself that this was all indeed real.

"Fucking hell," He muttered, his tone low and quiet. "Are you okay?"

And that was all he could say- fucking hell, are you okay. As if he didn't have a thousand other things to ask her and tell her like 'where have you been?', 'why didn't you pick up your phone?', 'why the hell did you face reveal?', 'what did your parents say about it?', and so on. But he just couldn't. In that moment it was all that he could think of, all that he deemed important enough to discuss with her.

And as he stood there, hugging her tightly, he felt two smaller arms wrap around his torso, patting him on the back comfortingly.

"Yeah. I'm okay." Ray muttered, with a smile for once.

finally we get a hug aft 52 chapters sheesh

jk i love a good slow burn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3Ups5yT7P4