34

After a night of unspeakable dream plots, Shen Qiao got up earlier the next day than usual.

After his consciousness returned to the cage, he closed his eyes and waited for a while, but still did not hear the alarm bell. Shen Qiao lost his patience, frowning tightly, stretched out his hand in the quilt for a long time, and finally touched the edges of the phone.

He took it out and lifted his eyelids and glanced at it, and found that it was taken down. Shen Qiao turned around and looked at the time:

Seven-thirteen.

He exhaled a foul breath from his throat and threw the phone on the bedside table. He didn’t know what he had knocked down with a “boom”, and then didn’t even look at it. He lifted his hand to open the quilt and sat for a while before going to the bathroom Wash.

After a refreshing meal, when Shen Qiao went out again, he used to go to the closet to flip his swimming trunks and half-opened the cabinet door. His movements paused and then closed again.

—Today he did not go out with his old backpack.

“Master, go to the Beiyuan Cemetery.” Morning light swayed across the city. Shen Qiao stood by the side of the road, holding a bunch of lilies in his arms, and raised his hand to stop the taxi to sit in.

The driver glanced at him in the rearview mirror, turned the steering wheel and drove the car out.

More than forty minutes later.

The driver pressed the button of the meter and looked at the price: “One hundred twenty-three.”

Shen Qiao took out his mobile phone and swiped WeChat, opened the car door and walked out. The unopened white flowers in his arms were budding, shaking slightly with his movements, bit by bit.

He went to the door to register with the flowers in his arms, and after showing him to the guard, he brought a bunch of flowers on his body. After there were no flammable objects affecting the environment of the cemetery, he was allowed to enter.

The black sneakers stepped on the first-class stone steps, and Shen Qiao walked in the direction of the familiar stone stele according to his memory.

Turn right, go straight, turn right again, the third floor.

After counting four, he saw the black-and-white photo. The woman in the photo had delicate and indifferent eyebrows. Perhaps it was because the expression was too formal when the photo was taken. The corners of the eyes, the corners of the lips, and even the jaw line were cold. Pasted on this cold tombstone, at first glance, there is chill in the bones.

This is his mother, Shen Jingyi.

To be precise, it was his adoptive mother.

Shen Qiao put down the flower in his hand, and raised his hand to wipe the slate with the fruit tribute in front of him. There was a layer of ash with fine gravel on his fingertips.

He showed a bit of mockery on his face, and looked at the woman in the photo, with a very faint dumb voice in his voice:

“Look for someone to clean up such a simple thing on a regular basis. Lu Chengzhen didn’t do it for you.”

“If you are still alive, you shouldn’t be able to bear being trampled on by him like this. After all, mom, you have always been very good and strong, and you won’t give up to anyone.”

It was the same for Lu Chengzhen, and it was the same for Su Qiongpei… Later, it was the same for Shen Qiao.

He forgot to bring a paper towel when he went out, and only wiped the rough stone surface with his palm. The clean palm was quickly stained a fuzzy gray. Shen Qiao didn’t mind at all, bowed his head and blew, and then he held his hand. The bunch of lilies inside was placed in front of the tomb.