6

Chapter Six

Sirena's POV

I've learned so much about werewolves, and what I understand so far is that; The Alpha is the leader of the pack. This is the highest title a werewolf can possess. Alpha roles are passed down to the oldest son, and it's something you're born with. The Alpha title is a birthright. Alphas can be challenged for their title; they either submit or die. If the wolf succeeds in defeating the previous Alpha, in return they become Alpha (a rare occurrence). Their pups will then become next in line, continuing the lineage.

The Alpha Female aka Luna, is the Alpha's mate. She's the mother figure. She assists and supports the Alpha with pack stuff. She's the strongest female in the pack.

The Beta is second in command, Alpha's right-hand man. They're the second-strongest ranking wolf in the pack. Tends to be a best friend. Along with the fact, they already have the bond and loyalty already established, making it an easy and favourable decision among Alpha's.

Gemma is third in command and third strongest in the pack. Gemma's are in charge of pack warriors and act as generals. They train the pack warriors and are in charge of battle plans.

Delta's are the fourth in command. Uncommon, but there are more responsible in training the pack warriors.

Beta/Gemma/Delta Females: They are the mates of the Beta, Gemma, and Delta. They assist and support their mates, but aren't directly involved in Pack businesses.

Elders – Former Pack leaders, i.e. Alphas, Luna. Each former leader of each pack creates a council called 'The Council of Elders'. They handle disputes between Alphas and packs, among other things.

Pack Doctors are the healers. Each pack has one. Due to being supernatural creatures, they can't go to hospitals to get treated in fear of revealing who they are, jeopardizing their future. Besides, the Wolverines immune system is much stronger, so certain medications most likely won't work for them.

Pack Warrior protects the pack from potential danger, patrols and fights in wars, battles and attacks.

Trackers are individual pack warriors with distinctive tracking skills.

Omega are servants of the pack, they're the lower rankings of the pack. They are responsible for housework and maintenance.

Zander is the Alpha of this pack, and Devon is his Beta. I have yet to meet other members of the pack, and honestly, I'm quite fine with that. I'm not quite ready to meet other people. It's all too overwhelming.

I think I understand. It's crazy to think that there are werewolves and other supernatural beings, and we know nothing about their existence. I remember asking Zander about it and looking back at it, my reaction was hilarious.

There's also the topic of mates; apparently Zander and I are mates, and according to the brief explanation he gave, like regular wolves werewolves mate for life. There's still a lot I have to learn, but I think I've got the gist of it.

We both came to an agreement that I wouldn't officially be introduced to the pack and his family, as I'm not sure, I'm ready yet. It's all a lot to take in, and I just need some time.

***

It's been a few weeks now, and I've never felt happier. It's weird, really, how drawn I feel towards Zander. As long as I have him by my side, I've changed a bit of the weeks. The confidence I once had is slowly returning, and I feel more like myself with every passing day, and I have Zander to thank for that.

We were snuggled up in bed enjoying each other's company when our bubble was rudely popped. "Alpha, came a voice behind the door. Zander placed his finger on his lips. Understanding that I kept quiet. Alpha, came the voice again. It took quite a while, I let out a breath. Just as we thought the interruption was over, it came again, this time urgent. "ALPHA, it's urgent, we've got a rogue."

At the mention of rouge, Zander was off the bed in the blink of an eye. Great, I thought to myself. That's our moment over, I mumbled to myself.

"Alpha."

Zander sighed, "You may come in."

"Alpha," bowed a man; slight bob of head. Apparently this is common in the werewolf community. An act of respect to their leaders and those who are higher in ranking in the pack, i.e Alphas.

"Love."

"Huh," I was brought out of my thoughts by Zander. I blinked a couple of times/ I bet I looked like an idiot. Zander chuckled, which retrieved a frown from me. "You look so cute all zoned out," Zander replied, flicking my nose in the process. Being childish, I stuck my tongue at him. Which Zander chuckled to and replied. "Real mature love."

"Alpha."

We had completely forgotten we had an audience. I blushed, now uncomfortable. Zander just smirked. I then remembered that Zander grabbed my attention for a reason. "Um, Zander, uh, you wanted to tell me something, I think." Zander directed his attention towards me again. "Right, it's nothing really, just thought you might want to leave or stay," he added. "Oh, um." I gave it a thought. It's probably best I leave them to it, Zander can reinform me later on. "I think it's best if I leave you guys to it, if that's OK."

"Sure, if that's what you want," Zander smiled. "Um, I'll leave you to it then."

***

I'm sooo bored. Ugh, there's nothing to do. I'm currently outside the pack house perched on the wall, when out of nowhere I made contact with someone. It happened so quickly, I didn't even see the person who rudely walked past me, leaving a strong stench of perfume in its wake. "Out of my way."

Out of nowhere, I was harshly pushed. I stumbled and fell. Rude, I mumbled to myself. "Are you okay?" Slightly rattled, I replied. "Yeah, I'm good." I lifted myself off the ground with the help of the stranger. Dusting myself off, I turned to the stranger to thank them. "Thanks for the assist." The girl standing in front of me was beautiful. She stood at 5'8; slightly taller.

"It's not a problem," she smiled, displaying her pearly whites. "Who was that anyway?" I asked. That is the pack queen bee, which thinks very highly of herself." I made a mental note to avoid her at all costs. So...I lingered, not knowing her name.

"Oh, how rude of me," she chucked before proceeding to introduce herself. "My name is Cassie." I smiled. Well, Cassie, I'm Sirena. It's nice to meet you."

We got talking and we hit it off. I really liked Cassie. I was worried I wouldn't make any friends or be able to fit in. I was worried about nothing.

I think this is the start to a beautiful friendship.