43

Chapter Forty Three – Victory and a Happy Ending

Sirena's POV

My eyes fluttered open, the sudden light blinding me.

"Good morning beautiful." Just as Zander's husky voice pierced made its way to my ears, I was met with soft blue eyes. "What happened. Did we win," I croaked out? My voice hoarse, due to dehydration. "Here, drink this." Zander placed a glass of water in my hand. I must have been really out of it, I didn't even notice the glass of water that was placed by the night stand.

"Here, let me help you up" Zander gently hoisted me up, so I was now sitting upright.

Chugging down an immense amount of water. The cool liquid soothing the scratchy feeling, as it washed down my throat.

Now fully sated and partly back to my old self, I faced Zander. "How long have I been out," I asked. "A week," he replied, you had us worried. "Us, I asked quizzy. "Yeah. I'm not the only who's been beside themselves. The whole pack is practically waiting for you downstairs." I stared wide-eyed. "really." Zander nodded. "That was a reckless move you pulled, love. You could have seriously injured yourself." I looked down, crestfallen. I know, and I'm sorry for worrying you. I didn't mean to. I just couldn't control myself. They way he was toying with you. Something in me snapped." Zander

"How's the baby," worried I might have lost. I won't be able to forgive myself if my carelessness was paid in the cost of my baby. I'll be distraught.

He's doing alright," Zander beamed. The look of pure love radiating off him. Wait, did he say 'he.' am I having a baby boy, I glanced up at Zander, so many emotions pouring out of me. "A baby boy," I whispered, a small smile gracing my lips. "When did you find out." I was at awe at the news.

"When they were doing the routine check-ups. They accidentally let it slip it was a boy. I pretended to not hear."

"Does anyone else know, of the baby." I wanted to tell them myself. "Don't worry, no one knows. I made sure the doctor was careful and no one overheard." I sigh in relief. "I wanted to tell everyone together."

I thought as much, good thing everyone's downstairs right now. If you feel up to, I'm sure they would like to see you. We'll be downstairs.

I stared at my belly and was in awe of it. I gently caressed the little bumps that were now visible. To think, I'm carrying a little piece of Zander and I in there.

Once done, I made my way downstairs. I smiled at the small gathering of friends and family. Zander, sensing my presence, glanced my way, a huge smile on his face. This alerted the other. One by one, they all abused me in hugs. I laughed as they fought over who got to hug me first, which resulted in me, centre of a weird sort of group hug.

In between breaths I protested but no one let up, luckily I had something up my sleeve. "I'll loosen the grip, you're going to hurt the baby." There was dead silent. Everyone stunned stiff with the new, which gave me the opportunity to release myself from the group hug, a huge smile plastered on my face.

Zander chose that time to make his way towards me, previously a bystander to my assaults of hugs. He placed an arm around my waist, gently pulling me towards him. A proud smile plastered on his face. Still in a stunned state, their eyes darting between Zander, me and then my bump, repeatedly.

Cassie was the first to break out of it, "I'm going to be an aunt," she squealed. Attacking me with another hug. It was followed with echoes of congratulations and a series of hugs.

When that was done, we settled into an easy conversion, talking about babies and nothing. A sense of bliss overcame me. Look on at my family, something that was once a far away dream now a reality. I couldn't have asked for a better mate, friend, pack and overall family.

THE END