13

Chapter Thirteen

Sirena's POV

It's currently 12:30, and I'm dreading the day already. I am really not looking forward to it. I'll be confronting my past, digging it up where it was held secluded. I thought today would be the best. Besides, I wanted to find out more about myself and my family and the sooner I did that, the sooner I'll finally be able to put all these nightmares behind me and for once look towards my future.

I am currently getting ready to brace myself for the day. I had a comb in my hand brushing my curly locks, still astonished at its beauty. I could feel intense eyes on me, and I knew who they belonged to. I glanced at him through the mirror, checking each other's eyes.

Eyes still trained on me, as Zander made his way towards me. I, on the other hand, was transfixed, hand poised mid-air. Once in front of me, he then turned the chair that I was currently situated on. towards him, so that I was now facing him. He reached for me, cupping my cheek in his, his thumb gently stroking my cheeks like he always does. I sure wasn't complaining, it always made me feel loved and safe. Sparks flew where he touched, I couldn't help leaning into his touch. I'll say I've got so much closer to Zander. I rarely feel uncomfortable around him, and I feel like I can talk to him so much easier than I did when we first met. It's crazy how far I've come.

I was brought from my thoughts by Zander. "I'm so proud of you, Sirena, for facing your fears. You're so strong," said Zander, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. I smiled at Xavier. "That's thanks to you, I probably wouldn't have been able to do it entirely on my own. You being here is more than I can ask for," I replied.

"Ready, love, Zander asked. "Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

An Hour Later (it's a massive pack)

"We're here, Alpha," announced the driver. I wasn't sure who he was, I really need to learn the pack members. As we reached the front door, I took in two deep breaths, calming my nerves. 'I can do it, I can do it,' I chanted. Reminding myself why I'm here. Zander rang the bell, we waited, but no one came. We didn't exactly go to the boarding school per se, as it was currently closed for the break. Fortunately, Zander knew where she lived, in a small cottage not too far from the school.

Zander sang the bell impatiently

"Alpha, Sirena," said Mrs. Stonewell, shocked to see us there.

"What are you doing here?"

"It's Luna to you," Zander growled. I reached for his hand, gently squeezing them. "S...sorry, Alpha," stuttered Mrs. Stonewell.

Once Zander was calm, he collected himself. "We're here to have a serious talk regarding my mate, Sirena, replied Zander, his voice slightly hard. I sneaked a glance at Mrs. Stonewell, a look crossing her features. She looked nervous and something else but I couldn't decipher what, nor did I have time to as it quickly disappeared.

"Of course Alpha... Luna," replied Mrs. Stonewell, her voice laced with fake sweetness. Her whole demeanor did a whole 360. She's clearly hiding something, I just know it.

"Come in, come in, make yourself comfortable," said Mrs. Stonewell, gesturing for us to come in. She led us to the living room, it looked a lot like the dining room in the boarding school. Flashback of when I first laid eyes on Zander made it to my mind. Mrs. Stonewell sat on the sofa. Zander and I sat opposite her. "How can I help you, Alpha?" she said, directing her attention to Zander, completely ignoring me.

This is a matter of urgency and I don't have time for your games, Zander replied, getting straight to the point. "Oh," was her only reply. Who does he think she is? Her behaviour irks me. I believe you know something about Sirena's parents. We would like to know all that you know, every single detail, Zander stated.

"Why do you think I'll know something about Sirena's parents?, she's nothing," replied Mrs. Stonewell. It's as if she has a death wish. Something inside me snapped. I was sick of the way she treated me, like I'm scum, nothing. Well, she's got something else coming.

"Don't lie to me," I screamed. I froze in shock. Did that sound come out of me, it sounded almost growl like. The look on her face was priceless, if I wasn't so pissed I'd be rolling in laughter. You could tell she wasn't expecting it, even, so she still acted like she was better than I. "I don't have time for this, Sirena, what else do you want? You got your wish. You got out, why can't you just move on, already?" At this point, Zander was shaking, his wolf on the verge of resurface.

A fire like no other erupted from my stomach. I was not taking shit from nobody, not any more. Enough is enough.

"I know you know something about my father. I know he came here frequently, and I need you to stop stalling and tell me why," I snapped. "I deserve that much after everything you've put me through.

The abuse you did nothing about when I was being bullied by the student, you just stood there and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well, enough is enough am you Luna, you will show me some respect. Now speak," I growled, demanding answers. I was done playing nice.

I was expecting her to respond with a sassy remark, but she remained quiet, staring at her hands. Her shoulder sagged as if admitting defeat. I wasn't sure if I was reading all of this right, but it seemed almost like she was on the verge of tears.

"You heard her," Zander growled. I almost felt sorry for her. At the sound of he's growl, she trembled. "I loved your father very much," Mrs Bakewell started, clenching at her clothes. I stood there stunned, not expecting the turn of events.

He was my world, and I was, at least that's what I thought. We weren't mates, but I thought it wouldn't matter, he wouldn't leave me," Mrs Troth, gulping her voice, pained.

I sat down bewildered, it all came together., it all finally made sense. I don't even know when I even got up to begin with.

What the actual fudge...