7

Chapter Seven

Sirena's POV

*The Next Day*

Cassie and I had a blast yesterday. We talked, and we hit it off, I'm glad we did. Cassie is what you would call an optimist; she's independent, energetic, and insane. She's also a bit of a girly girl, which I'm okay with, although she keeps defining it. Oh, and she's a great fighter. You wouldn't think so until you piss her off real bad, and she's like a whole different person. It just goes to say, 'You can't judge a book by its cover.'

The sound of my phone diverted my attention. I glanced at my phone. It was a message from Cassie.

I was just thinking of Cassie, it's like we're connected somehow. I picked the smartphone Zander, got me among others and proceeded to read the text from Cassie. How did she get my number anyway?

"You hungry."

At the mention of food, my stomach decided for me; by growling so loud I was convinced the entire pack could hear. Just as I was about to answer, another text came through from Cassie.

Your stomach growled, didn't it?

To say I was surprised was an understatement, how did she know. Do werewolves have special powers or something? "How did you know?" I replied, astonished.

I just do. So is that yes on food?

The avoiding of the question didn't go unnoticed. That was strange, but decided to leave it alone. I sent my reply.

Hell yea! Where are we meeting at?

Loading...

At Sallie's Café

Cool. See you there. Send

Okey-dokey x

I chuckled at her response, amused.

***

A Couple Hours Later

I'm such an idiot. I had completely forgotten to ask Cassie for the time and directions to Molly's Cafe. Flustered, I checked my phone again. Nothing. Why hadn't she replied? I had sent a message to Cassie as soon as I remembered, which was an hour ago.

Maybe I should call Zander. I thought, then decided against it. He could be busy, I don't want to be a burden and trouble him with my problem. I let out a breath, what should I do? I glanced at my phone again, nothing.

Cassie didn't text back. I chewed on my bottom lips, conflicted. Okay, I'm going to call him, I decided as I reached for my phone, dialling Zander's number before I chickened out. Hopefully, he knows where she's at being the Alpha and his sister.

The phone rang for a second before Zander's voice came through. "You okay sweetie." The sound of Zander giving me goosebumps. "Babe you there." Zander's voice broke me from my thoughts. "Huh, oh yeah, I'm here. Um, I kind of got myself into a pickle. I can't seem to reach Cassie. We were meant to meet up at Sallie's Café and I forgot to ask for directions and the time and I didn't want to call you and be a burden, but I don't know what to do." I rushed out, all in one breath.

"Okay, okay, calm down, love. You're going too fast, you need to breathe." I did as instructed. Good, now I need to repeat it slower, can you do that for me?" I nodded, then remembered you couldn't see me and replied." Yes." I proceeded, reaping what I had previously said, but slower.

Firstly, you're not a burden, ever. I'm always here if you need me, okay."

"Yeah, okay."

"Good, as for Cassie. I don't know where she is, but I can mind-link her and find out."

I forgot to mention Cassie is also related to Zander. What's the story with me bumping with Zander's siblings and then hitting it off? It's really weird. Maybe it's fate; the universe trying to tell me something. But what, it's a mystery.

The phone came to life, jolting me from my thoughts. Zander's voice sounded through the phone. "Apparently Cassie has also been searching for you, she is in the kitchen right now. I've informed her of the dilemma, and she apologized." I sighed in relief, "she doesn't need to apologize, I forgot to ask the time and location, that's on me," I replied. Zander chuckled, "that's not what she thinks." I smiled, feeling slightly better. "I'm on my way as we speak."

"She'll be glad. Is that all love?"

"That's all, thanks, Zander," I responded, giddy. I'm still wrapping my head around the whole mate thing. The feeling of butterflies, goosebumps and all that jazz. It'll take me a while to get used to it, but I won't lie, it's an amazing feeling. To feel loved, wanted, appreciated and to return those feelings.

***

After the situation earlier, Cassie and I made our way to Sallie's Café. Not before apologizing perpetually, I told her what I told Zander, which she dismissed me. After much convincing, she gave in, and we laughed it off. The world right again.

"I had a great time, Cassie, thank you."

"No sweat, we're practically sisters now, also you're awesome to be around." I smiled at that, glad that I have someone else to talk to besides Zander. "Well, this is me," I awkwardly expressed. I stood outside the pack-house lingering, unsure of what to do next. We stood there awkwardly for a bit. Cassie smiled and suddenly pulled me into a hug. I stiffened, I wasn't expecting it. I had never been hugged before, it felt nice. I relished the hug, we broke apart, all smiles.

"I'm glad you're Zander's mate, you'll do him good. Goddess knows he needs it," she whispered in the last part. I ignored it, not sure how to take it. "Well, I better be going, Seb would most likely be wondering where I've been." Dev is Cassie's mate, who is Zander's second in command; Beta.

"Stay strong, girl," she said, gently squeezing my hand for reassurance before leaving. My eyes trained on her retreating figure. A small smile making its way to my lips.

I can do it.