18

Chapter Eighteen

Sirena's POV

I was surrounded by darkness, pitched black I could see what's in front of me, nothing. It felt cold, void, empty. I feel like I'm floating in an endless nothingness. "Helloooo," I called, only to be met with echo. "Helloo," is anyone there, again I was met with echoes. "Anyone," nothing but the echoes of my voice.

Just when I was about to accept my doom, there was a sudden burst of light and I found myself in a Garden so beautiful it took my breath away. Am I in heaven, I asked myself, staring in awe at the beauty in front of me?

"No, child, you are not," came an angelic voice. Who said that I asked, not seeing anyone. I didn't mean to scare you, said a woman who suddenly appeared right before my eyes. I stared at her beauty, astonished.

She's like no woman I've ever laid eyes on. There was something familiar about her, but I couldn't place it.

"Who are you," I asked. "My name is Selene, also known as the Moon Goddess, protector of the moon, Goddess of mates," replied Selene aka Moon Goddess.

"Am I dead," I asked the woman, "It is not yet your time child," the mysterious woman smiled. "Then why am I here," I asked. My child, you are destined for greater things, said Selene. I furrowed my brow, how can I be destined for greater things? I can't even shift.

The Moon Goddess made her way towards me, her long elegant white dress floating behind her. It almost looked like she was floating. As she got closer, the light reflected off her and I instantly remembered where I've seen her before. The only difference is this time she was engulfed by the sun's rays,

Selene seemed to be glowing, as her golden skin shined like topaz. Remember the answer lies within, follow your heart, the Moon Goddess replied, as she faded into the light, her words echoing around me. I was in such a daze I didn't even realize when she approached me, her cool hands gently stroked my cheeks.

"Sirena, you are special, a hybrid of great power. Both werewolf and witch blood coursing through your veins, your special child. Remember the key is within, follow your heart, trust your gift, trust your wolf...trust your wolf..."

As Selene drifted away into the light, her words echoed in my head.

***

I woke up with a start, gasping for air as if I've just been submerged in water." Sirena, love. It's okay, I'm here, breathe." I did what was instructed. "That's right"

"What happened," I asked frankly., staring at everyone around me. Scarlett was at the other side of the room, crying into a man's arm, whom I'm assuming is her mate. Cassie and Devon were here too.

"That's what we would like to know," said Zander. I looked towards Zander. I'm so confused right now. I...I was in a garden, or at least I thought I was. I'm not sure, really. "It's a bit hazy right now." Zander kneeled in front of me. "That's alright, love, as long as you are okay. Are you okay,"

"I am, just a little light-headed, '' I replied, trying to sit up but failing."Here, let me help," Zander said as he raised me into a sitting position. "Thank you," I smiled, appreciating the assistance. "Um, so what happened exactly? I asked.

"You don't remember," Zander asked. "Nope," I shook my head. Zander glanced at Scarlett before speaking. "Well, you were making breakfast and sort of froze for a bit then fainted," Zander explained. I nodded, taking in the information.

I looked towards everyone. "Thank you all for staying with me, you didn't have to. I appreciate it," really, I smiled at them reassuringly. "If you don't mind, thought I would like to be alone for a bit." I asked. A course of 'okay's' was said before reluctantly leaving the room.

I made sure everyone left before turning to Zander. Is everything okay, love,

Zander asked, worry written on his face. He must have felt my worry through the mate bond. I took a huge breath in, collecting myself before speaking, "I think something is happening to me" Zander reached for my hand "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Your wolf is probably trying to connect with you or your wolf side trying to manifest," Zander concluded, reassuring.

"Yeah maybe." I replied absent-mindedly. "I'm sure of it,don't worry your pretty head about it," Zander replied. A yawn broke out of me. I guess I'm tired. I don't seem to get any breaks. "You should rest, you've been through a lot, you need rest."

"Okay,"I said, agreeing as I repositioned myself. "I'll leave you to it then," Zander said, turning to leave when I grabbed his hand at the last minute. "Lay with me, please." I asked. He nodded, making his way to my side, his hands still in mine.

I snuggled into Zander, as his musclier arm wrapped around my frame. A sense of warmth and safety washed over me. "Sweet dreams, love. I'll be here when you wake up." said Zander before kissing my temple before going to sleep.

Mmmh, was my only reply as I got comfortable, a smile on my face as I slowly slipped into slumber.