8

Chapter Eight – Part Of The Pack

Sirena POV

"Baby, you haven't seen much of the pack yet and you've been here for a while." I thought I could maybe show you around and introduce you to a few people, not officially thought I was in no way pushing you to do something you're not comfortable with.

If you're not comfortable just, yet I understand, Zander said, all in one breath, waffling his words in nervousness. I couldn't help the laughter that escaped.

"You... are...so...cute," I said in between surging giggles. Who would have thought the big bad Alpha could be nervous? I for sure didn't.

Zander huffed, crossing his arms across his chest. I watched as his muscles flexed. "I'm not cute," he replied, putting emphasis on cute. "Mhmm," I countered, teasing him further. Zander's demeanor suddenly changed, a twinkle in his eyes. Oho, we are so dead, I thought.

He prowled slowly towards me, a smirk dancing on his lips. Before I could defend myself, he pounced like a lion on its prey, assailing me with the tickles. I roared in laughter, squirming from his touch as they danced across my body, the sparks intensifying the effect. "S-stop," I spluttered, engulfing a mouthful of air. "S-stop... Please. I-I'll do anything."

"Anything," replied Zander, a dangerous look crossing his features. I nodded vigorously. At this point, the tickling has stopped. I tried to free myself from his grasp, to no avail.

"You have to say, I'm the sexist, strongest and most incredibly awesome Alpha ever," he replied. I was not going to say that. "Never," I retorted. "In that case, " Zander proceeded to tickle me again. He had no mercy. "O-okay, j-just stop, p-please."

"Go on then," he replied, a smirk making its way on his lips. He sure smirks a lot, I absent-mindedly thought. I'm waiting for Sirena, unless...

I huffed,

"Fine," I replied.

"Youaretheseiststongstandmostincrediblyawsomealphaever,'' I rushed out, jumbling my words, not wanting to utter the sentence. The last thing he needs is an ego boost.

"Coherently Sirena, or it's the tickles for you," he replied, hands poised over me, fingers wiggling ready for ambush.

"Fine, fine," I replied. "You are the sexist, strongest and most incredibly awesome Alpha ever," I reluctantly replied. Zander sat back with a look of satisfaction on his face. I so wanted to slap that smile off his face, but that most likely would lead to a battle I'll surely lose, again.

"Was that so hard?" he asked. Yes, yes it was, but I didn't say anything. Just grumbled some more.

"Come on," he said, extending his hand for me to take. I grabbed it as he hauled me to my feet. I smiled evilly to myself. Watch your back Zander =, I'm coming for you, I thought, plotting my revenge.

***

I got ready for the day. I went with something more casual and comfortable, but still presentable. Once done, Zander took my hand and practically dragged me out the door. I stared at our joined hands, the tingles erupting throughout my hand, travelling up my arms. It's weird how a simple action can promote such feelings. I was still getting used to the whole mate thing. It's going to take a while.

Zander showed me around the pack house; the game, the gym, the kitchen, and so on. The entire of the first floor is reserved for the Alpha and Luna; an office for pack meetings, the guest rooms and slightly smaller rooms for the pups. Images of Zander and I's pups running around flashed in my mind, the image making me blush. It was just the pack house though. He then dragged me to the pack grounds. He showed me around. The orphanage, shops, cafés, parks, you name it, he showed it all. The pride in his voice as he spoke fondly about his pack brought a smile to my face.

The pack was surrounded by dense trees, with it situated dead centre.

According to Zander, the pack was built from the ground up by his late, late, late grandfather. It was quite interesting to hear.

"So, that's the pack. What do you think? He beamed, and the look on his face was one of pride, love, and fondness. Smiling, I gave him my response: "It's absolutely lovely. Everyone here is so nice, it's clean and the sense of community is amazing. It feels like home." Zander's face lit up, literally.

Okay not literally, literally as humans aren't light bulbs, but you get my drift. Anyway, he lit up like a star in the dark night. "Exactly, that's what we were going for. Homey, welcoming, yet strong and secure."

"Well, you did a good job because it's definitely all of that and then some," I beamed. Zander then took my hand in his, staring into my eyes. The world was at a stand still. "I'm glad you feel at home. After everything you've been through, you deserve to feel happy. Heck, you deserve the world, and I'll do everything in my power to give it to you." I smiled at his words, my heart swelled.

"Don't cry baby," said Zander, his thumb gently wiping the tears from my face. I didn't even realize I was crying. "Why are you crying, baby?" Zander stroked my cheeks gently, his whole face expressing his love for me. "I'm just so happy you've done so much for me already, I'm just happy," I replied. Zander engulfed me in a hug. You deserve to be happy, Sirena, you're worth more than the world. We swayed like that for a bit, resonating

I once dreamed of happiness and freedom, now, here I am doing just that. Happy and free. Who would have thought I would come through. I sure didn't.

***

"You're nervous," Zander asked, noticing my odd behaviour.

"A little, yeah. What if they don't like me? What if I'm not fit to be Luna?" I was panicking

"Hey, hey. You'll be alright. You'll make a wonderful Luna," he said. "You think," I asked. "I know," he replied. That was enough to make me feel slightly better.

I had changed into something more fitting for the occasion. I waited behind and Zander mounted the podium. The audience, a.k.a. pack members looked on with curious eyes as the steady buzz of whispers dulled.

"Tonight we will be welcoming a new member into the pack, Sirena Silvermoon ," he announced, gesturing to me. I shyly walked to his outstretched arm. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me flushed into his sides. The onlookers looked on with curious eyes.

"As you all know, I have been searching for my mate for years." The hall broke into whispers. Zander raised his hand to silence them. "Well, the good news is that I've found her. I now introduce you to Sirena Silvermoon, your Luna."

The hall exploded into applause as several people howled. I smiled inwardly at my new Pack member. A weird sensation rushed over me, this one different, almost magical. I felt a strong connection to the pack, I just hope I can be a good Luna for them.