38

Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unexpected Visitor

Unknown POV

~ before Rina's abduction ~

My child, I've finally found you, it has been way too long. "You finally found her, purred Nara," my familiar, her midnight black fur, gleaming in the light. Nara is a cat and yes she talks; an ability given to all familiars. I watched as she prowled to where I was positioned. A canvas of my daughter. You see, I've been searching for her ever since we separated. She and her father taken from me, when an evil man wanted me for himself.

When I refused, he attacked my mate's pack, destroying everything in his wake. Jayden and I managed to escape with our daughter, but got separated. I haven't seen him since then. Imagine my anguished when I found out he returned to his pack in attempt to save as many of his pack member as he could. He gave himself up to free his people and was killed.

I was beyond heart broken. To lose a mate, the pain. It's like no other pain. I all but lost any will to live. Then rumours of a special child circled around a town nearby; where I hid from all creatures and mortals, in isolation. Just my cat and i. A child with fiery red hair and unspeakable powers. I knew it was a long shot, that ill be getting my hopes up if it turns out it wasn't her, but I didn't care.

With the remaining string of hope I had left, I spent the next 18 years searching for her. Old wounds were opened, hardship was faced. Refusing to give up, I pushed on. I could feel t in my bones, I was close, and it all paid off in the end.

Now, I've finally found her. My lost child, my source of living.

Zander's POV

Where getting nowhere. How could she just disappear, with no trace. None of this is making any sense, grumbled. "You need to calm down," Zander, we're not going to get anywhere if you continue like this.

I returned to my seat dejected, knowing too well Devon was right. In times like these, I wonder if Devon would make a better Alpha than I. Nonetheless, I am lucky to have him as my Beta.

...

It's been days, with no news of Rina's whereabouts. With each passing day a piece of me rots away, my hope of ever finding he again, to see her smile again, slowly dwindling.

A guard barged in, interrupting my flow of thoughts. "Alpha, you've got to see this, right now," replied the guard, all out of breath. "What is it," I asked. "There's a trespasser outside that look eerily similar to our Luna, and she's not one of us," the guard rushed out. "What," I exclaimed in surprise, briskly getting off my seat.

"Yes, alpha. She's being held out the pack house by one of the guards." I stared at the sceptically, it can't be, could it. "Bring her to me," I ordered, returning to my seat.

Ophelia POV

"Stay where you're at," came an authoritative voice. I scoped out my surround, searching for the source of the voice. I got on guard, it has been awhile since I fought anyone, I don't think ill be able to.

I found myself surrounded by build men, by their aura they were werewolves and of high position, maybe warriors. Great, just my luck. I manage to trespass on werewolf territory.

"You are trespassing," informed one of the built warriors? "I don't want to fight you, I'm just passing by," I replied. "Please, I'm just looking for my daughter." One of the worriers, came up to another and whispered something to the guy that what was previously speaking. He seems to be the one in charge. Whatever the guy said, surprised, him as he looked at me every few seconds.

"It can't be," he whispered. He then said something back to the guy, which in reply nodded and fled. I furrowed my brow at this, I wonder what's going on.