15

Chapter Fifteen

Sirena's POV

The ride home felt calm and peaceful. I never thought I'd find a place where I felt welcomed, appreciated, loved and belonged, let alone called home. It felt nice. I leaned on Zander's shoulder in content, not only relieved to partially know who I am. It felt like a weight lifted from my shoulder.

"Is everything alright, love?," asked Zander. I smiled at him. "Yeah, all is good," I sigh. "I'm just glad to finally have some of my questions answered. I feel much lighter, like a weight has been lifted. "I'm glad you were there with me. I don't think I would have been able to go through it all if it weren't for you. So, for that I am grateful," I finished.

"I'm glad you deserve to live your life, and finding out who you are, is a step closer towards that direction." Besides, it was no trouble at all, you're my mate after all, and I'll spend every day of my life making your life filled with love, peace and happiness," replied Zander. His words really touched me. "Aww, thank you, you're so sweet." I couldn't have asked for a better mate," I said, hugging him.

Although, there are still a lot of unanswered questions, for now I'm content with what I know.

**Later That Night**

I was awoken by a sound, at first I couldn't decipher it, but as the sound continued to waft its way into my ears it became clear. The sweet, melodic sound of music being played became clear. It was absolutely beautiful. I wonder who was playing such magical sounds.

There was something about the tune that had some will over me. It was like I was under some sort of spell. My body started moving against my will, I felt like a puppet being controlled by his master. It was also so weird, my thoughts were still mine but not my body. I was aware of my surroundings, but not what was happening to me.

As the song plays its hypnotic tunes, images of a woman coming to me appeared in my mind's eyes.

Coaxing me to do as she says, keeping me in a trance. I walked out of the room, into the hallway, walking as the tunes continued. On and on it played; down the stairs, out the door, until I found myself outside in the cold. I walked towards the forest, uneasy. I tried to will myself to stop, afraid of what will happen next. The forest looked spooky at night, shivers ran down my spin, speaking of untold dangers.

I tried again to take control of my body, to no avail. The song continued playing its tune as I walked deeper and deeper into the woods, until I was absolutely shrouded in darkness, unable to tell head or tail of the situation.

Suddenly, a sound pierced through the night. At first, it didn't register, and I doubted if I even heard anything to begin with.

There it was again. The voice sounded like one of Zander's men. It took everything in my body to take control and turn towards the sound. I was met with Devon, a face filled with worry.

"Sirena," came his voice. "Sirena, what are you doing out here, it's dangerous." I could feel my will slipping, but it only lasted a second before I lost control and just before I lost control again, I willed myself to say two words, "help me." I don't know what happened after that but I could feel myself falling slowly to the ground and just like that the spell was broken.