33

Chapter Thirty Three – Home

Sirena's POV

Visiting the Scarlet Moon Pack, my father's pack, one that would have been my pack, was exhilarating. I felt a sense of connection I never thought I would ever experience, like I finally found myself, a piece of what makes me who I am. I suddenly didn't feel so alone. I felt like I could conquer the world. That being said, it is said knowing what I've lost. But does it count as a loss if you've never had it to begin with?

I stared out the window as the car roared to life, confused on how to feel right now. I could feel Zander's eyes on me, thankfully he didn't push it as I know he can sense my emotions. A couple of minutes passed, before I decided to confide in Zander, knowing I won't get anywhere if I don't talk about it. "Um, Zander," I trailed off, staring out the window, it had started raining. I watched as the raindrops slowly cascaded down the window. Is everything alright, asked Zander. "I want to know more about my parents and what happened here. I asked in a whisper.

"Well... we don't really know much, but putting into consideration what Mrs. Troth has informed us and the research I've conducted, your father's pack was unexpectedly attacked by an enemy of your mother's." Zander started. "No one knows who they were and what connections they had with your father and the pack. It just happened out of the blue, a sneak attack. The pack never stood a chance, despite them being the strongest pack in Ireland." Zander glanced at me, making sure I'm okay and following along. Then proceeded to continue.

"No one really knew your mother other than the fact she was a witch, and mated to your father after the attack. Everyone found out they've been keeping their relationship a secret, some said it's because their relationship was frowned upon, your mother being a witch and your father a werewolf.

"That's ridiculous," I blurted out, facing Zander, a bewildered look etched on my face, I'm sure. "You're right it is, unfortunately that's how it is. Although not everyone thinks like that, especially your father's pack. You need to remember these are all speculations, no one really knows the full story of the situation," Zander explained.

"Others say it's because of a love triangle or rift between his former relationship, which we now know was Mrs. Troth. That too is up in the air, for all we know she's probably lying, to play in her favour. When they found your parents it was already too late, the only surviving member, a baby wrapped in a bundle, a little ways away from where your parents were found.

And apparently, they brought you to the boarding school, your mother's coven is unknown, her name is unknown. Pretty much everything in relation to mother is unknown. That's basically what we know," Zander finished. I ponder on the information, taking it all in. "Are you okay," Zander asked, his voice soft. "Yeah, I'm just thinking," I mumbled, leaving it at that. "Okay," he replied, not asking any further questions, leaving me to my thoughts.

...

Pack House

"What are you doing over there," I asked Zander, curious as I tried to pee despite his large frame. Zander took it upon himself to tease me today, blocking my view every time. The sound of pot and pan clattering. Giving up, I hoisted myself onto the aisle. Zander glanced back, where I sat in the aisle. "You'll know soon enough," he replied with a mysterious smile. I narrowed my eyes, dissatisfied with his response. You best not be giving me something disgusting, I responded, suspicious. "Whaaat... me... never," replied Zander feigning hurt. I rolled my eyes at him, a small smile on my face. I could feel the tension, slowly seeping away.

On arriving back at the pack house, my stomach rumbled. It was so loud and embarrassing. I wanted the floor to swallow me whole. Hence, the situation I'm currency in. I was curious as to what he was going to make for me.

Zander's a good cook, there's also the factor that I've never been surprised before, minus our date night, it's nice. I smiled as I watched him making his way around the kitchen. The smell of food engulfed the room, filling it with a rich and delicious smell. Unfortunately, I could make out what he was making, unfamiliar to the scent, only catching bits and pieces.

We talked while he cooked, getting to know each other some more, relaxing simple things. It's enjoyable, seeing it has been awhile.

"Here you go, my lady." Zander placed a tray filled with food in front of me. My eyes widened, taken aback. This is way too much, Zander." The food piled high, slices of cakes, croissants, bowl of yogurt topped with fruits, steak and so much more.

"There's no way we'll be able to finish all these foods, it's way too much," I told Zander, still in shock at the amount of food. "That's fine, we'll eat what we can. Whatever is left, we'll leave for the pack members. We eat like savages over here, some more than others," Zander chuckled. I smiled amused.

How did I get so lucky...