28

Chapter Twenty Eight – Amnesia

My eyes fluttered open, shutting just as quickly as the bright light glared into them. I winced, why do I keep waking up in these conditions? Where am I, I thought. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Then again, I keep getting myself into these situations; places I don't know.

"W-where...am I," I croaked out, my mouth as dry as sandpaper. "You're awake, here take this, Luna." A woman appeared in front of me, a glass of water in hand. I stared at the woman, then at the water, unsure of what to think. Should I trust her? She doesn't seem like a treat. "It's not a poisoned Luna, promise," she replied.

Prompting myself upright, I took the glass handed to me. I took a chance, tentatively taking a sip of the water. The cool water soothes the dryness caused by dehydration. I didn't realize how thirsty I was. I was so thirsty I practically downed the whole thing in one gulp, I'm surprised I didn't choke, oh well.

"Wow, you really must be thirsty," replied the woman. It has been a while since I've had anything to drink after. I stayed quiet, not sure what to say. Once done, I placed the glass cup on the table by my bedside. I had so many questions and I need answers to them quickly, or I'm going to drive myself crazy mulling over the questions I clearly don't have an answer to.

I fiddled with the sheets deep in thoughts, when they were interrupted. "You can ask whatever is on your mind, Luna. I'll try my best to answer them," replied the woman, a gentle smile on her face. My eyes widened in surprise, how did she do that, I thought.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked. She giggled, "It's written all over your face, just like right now," she replied. "Really!," was my only reply. I wasn't aware I was so easy to read. "So, what's got you all riled up,'' she asked, redirecting the conversation.

"Why do you keep calling me Luna, '' I blurted out. I added. "Huh," she cocked her head to the side. "You're Luna," she replied, shocked. "What's a Luna, anyway," I asked, confused. "You know...the mother figure of a pack. You run the pack with the Alpha... she trailed off. I frowned, confused more than ever. What the heck is she talking about, me Luna, hardly. "You're joking, right," I laughed, nervously. This time she frowned in confusion, "I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure you're the Luna," she whispered. "Maybe I should alert the Alpha, he'll know, obviously you being his mate and all that, '' she rambled to herself. I just stared at her blankly. What is she on about?

Mate, Luna, Alpha, Pack. None of these words are making any sense to me. "Um, miss," I called. She rambled on, lost in her thoughts. I needed her to explain more about all this, she's the only person thus far who has answered my questions.

Albeit not all of them, but when getting there, I could just...grab her attention. Miss, I called out again, this time louder. Thankfully, she snapped out of it. "Oh sorry about that. I tend to ramble on sometimes, she chuckled. "How can I help you, '' she asked.

"I don't seem to have any recollections of the things you've mentioned. Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're even talking about, could you please explain to me," I asked.

Quite a few emotions displayed on her face, before setting on one, curiosity. "Is that so," she hummed. "I wonder why that is," she added. I shrugged in reply. Her guess is as good as mine, probably better. "So, you don't remember where we are, who you are and so on, '' she asked. "Nope," I replied, "Nothing." She was quiet for a bit. "That's quite odd, I should alert the Alpha," she replied.

"Oh right, I can't, he is currently searching for you as we speak," she continued, just remembering. Why is this person looking for me, anyway? I don't think I know who they are, so why would someone willingly look for me? I'm nothing to them, or am I.

According to what she previously mentioned, I'm this so-called Alpha, mate, making me Luna. Only problem is I don't remember this, like anything. Absolutely zilch. Why? Why don't I remember? I mulled over, trying to remember something about my life, anything at all. But whenever I try I only end up with nothing but a massive headache. This time was no different. Try as I might, nothing happened. Nothing other than the usual; a splitting headache.

But this time it was more intense, I clutched my head in pain. It felt like shock waves passing through my skull. Noticing my pain, the girl who was previously mumbling to herself, rushed to my aid. Luna, she cried out. What is it, how can I help, she added. I tried to, but nothing came out. The pain is too much to handle.

I feel faint, if this goes on my head is going to explode. "Luna, Luna..." Her voice sounded distorted and distant. I could feel myself drifting away. "I..." my vision blurred. Then nothing.

* * *

Four Days Later

Zander's POV

Argh! I was in full rage mode, my wolf on the brink of breaking through. All I can see is red, through

Argh! I could feel my blood boiling and my muscles tensing, coursing with anger and anguish.

My wolf snarled and growled inside me, going crazy with fury. Feeling at a loss, unable to protect his mate, our mate. I was seeing through his eyes now, everything coated with a red hue. It's a good thing we're out in the woods, that way we can let out our anger without injuring anyone, at least seriously anyway.

I haven't been able to take control of my wolf, normally it would take too long and that was before we met our mate. Being a mate helps soothe others, whether they are tense, agitated, nervous etc. We wolves have the ability to soothe our mate. With Sirena not here, Thunder is unconsolable, trashing and roaring, letting the anger control us, seeing nothing but red. It'll be years before he's able to calm down enough for me to take control again, until then it's a bloodbath minus the blood.

Thunder has been in this state for the past for days now. The bond Sirena and I had dwindled each passing day. Thunder can't feel Sirena's wolf Zira, and the mate bond is barely there. Since we haven't marked and mated yet, our bond wasn't at its full strength to begin with, making it harder to stay connected. We need to find our mate soon.