10

hapter Ten

Zander POV

"As in, Kayden Silvermoon, Alpha of the Scarlet Moon Clan, that Kayden," I replied in shock and bewilderment. Alpha Silvermoon was a legend in the werewolf community for his bravery and sacrifice.

When we found out who Sirena's family was, we were all shocked. Devon came to me the day after I found my mate, Sirena, with some news.

The Night After

"Hey, bro." Devon, my beta approached me. "Hey, man," I replied. Devon is more than just my Beta, he's my best friend, hence why he's allowed to address me in such a way. Do you need anything?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the paperwork. The downfall of being an Alpha is all the paperwork.

"It's about Sirena," replied Devon, getting straight to the point.

The mention of Sirena shifted my attention from the paperwork to Devon. "Sirena," I said, confused. " What about her?" I hope you don't have a problem with her, because I'd hate to let you go?" I responded. "No...no, nothing like that. It's just that it's been nagging at me for a while, but I can't seem to put my finger on it."

"Get to the point, Dev," I asked on edge. "Her last name, Silvermoon, sounded familiar. It's been bugging me, I just thought I'd run it by you, maybe you know something." I furrowed my eyebrows in concentration. Come to think of it, her last name does ring a bell, but it's all fuzzy. "I feel like I've heard it somewhere, but where.

Leaning back on the chair, I gave Devon my answer. "The name does sound familiar, but I'm not sure where I could have heard it from or came across it," I mused, trying to make sense of it all. Devon nodded, "I thought as much. it was worth a try anyway."

"But," I continued, "I might know someone who knows," I added. "Really, who?" replied Dev. "Well who else, my Uncle of course. He was the previous Beta for my father, the Alpha, and he might know something," I replied. "Yeah, why didn't I think of that? I'm on it.

You're swamped with work as it is," offered Devon. " Thanks man, keep me posted. I don't want to be left out of the loop." It would be important if anything should be found out. That and Sirena might want to know. It wouldn't be fair to keep her in the dark. "Roger that, Alpha," mocked Dev before departing.

...

It took some time, roughly a week or so, but we finally found something, which brings us to know. "I can't believe Sirena is related to Kayden Silvermoon, "I said, still in shock. "Do you know what this means?" Devon asked, as realization displayed on his face.

It dawned on me just as Devon announced it. "Sirena is not only a werewolf, but she has Alpha blood coursing through her veins," I whispered, not wanting any peering ears in on the matter. "This is huge," agreed Devon.

"I'm going to let Sirena know, she'll want to know who her parents were," I responded. "You do that, son. Be there for her, she's going to need it, she's going to need you," replied my Uncle, emphasizing on the last part...

I rushed out of the office, anxious. This is huge, after all. Sirena is going to flip. I'll need to be careful on how I approach the matter. I stood outside the door to our room for a good solid five minutes before entering. I stood there, running my hand through my hair. Here goes nothing, I breathed out.

As I made my way to Sirena, the sight of her brought me solace. When she noticed my presence, she looked up, worry displayed in her eye. Sirena gently placed the book she was previously reading aside. Our eyes met each other's eyes, as unspoken words of love flowed through them.

Approaching the bed, not once removing my eyes from hers. I gently descended on the end of the bed. I moved my hand to her hair, softly caressing it, moving to her soft pale skin. Her beauty takes my breath away. I scoot closer to her, craving her touch even more. Burying my face in her neck, breathing in her sweet scent.

I stayed here for a while, not wanting to move, but knew I had to as I'll need to tell her what was on my mind. She needs to know, after all. It involves her family. Reluctantly pulling away. She slowly placed her hands on my cheeks, gently caressing them as she gently laid her forehead on mine, while the other hand reached for mine's hand, entangled them together.

Looking into the warmth and depth of her eyes, I uttered the word that's been on my mind. The word that might change our lives forever, depending on how she takes it.

"I know who your father is."

Sirena POV

Today has been a lazy day. I didn't feel like doing much, so I didn't. Therefore, I was sprawled on the bed, a book in my hand, lost in the wonders of it all. I was so engrossed in the book at hand that I didn't notice when Zander entered the room. If it wasn't for his scent and the uneasy atmosphere he brought with him, I wouldn't have known otherwise. Lifting my head from the book with great difficulty, my eyes landed on Zander. He looked stressed and uneasy. He seemed to have something on his mind.

I was worried. Did something happen,

Zander approached the bed, not breaking eye contact as he gently placed his tall frame on the edge. Zander scooted closer, placing his hand on my hair as he gently stroked them, seamlessly moving to my cheeks. He buries his face in my neck, breathing me in like I was his source of existence, his oxygen. I didn't dare to move, giving him the time he needed to recuperate.

He pulled away slowly, almost like he didn't want to leave. The thought made me warm inside. On instinct, I placed my hand on his cheeks, gently caressing them as I pressed our foreheads together, while my other hand reached for his, entangled our hands together.

We stayed in that position in what seemed like hours, just the two of us. When he uttered six words, I thought I'd never hear, forever altering my world.

"I know who your father is."