31

Chapter Thirty One - Back to You

Zander's POV

I made my way to my office, grudgingly. I linked Devon, wondering if he's at the office yet. I want to get this over with. "You're at the office." I have a bad feeling, and I'm not sure what to think of it.

"Yea, I'm here right now," Devon linked back. As I approached my office, I could hear voices from the other side. As I entered, I was meant with Devon shamelessly teasing one of the female Omegas.

Poor girl, I thought, as I watched her all flustered, normal behaviour from Devon. I honestly don't get why he does it; he gains nothing from it, especially since he never actually acts on it, wanting to wait for his mate.

I should put the poor she-wolf out of her misery. Leaning casually against the door frame, I addressed the situation "How long do you plan on teasing the poor she-wolf," I asked in a smug voice, making my presence known.

"A-alpha, I didn't know you were here," stuttered the she-wolf, her head in respect. WH-how long have you been s-standing there, Alpha," she asked, her eyes avoiding eye contact. "Long enough," I replied, knowingly.

I directed my attention to Zander, who now had a smug look on his face. "Don't you think it's time to put the she-wolf out of her misery," I asked, eyebrow raised, questing. "Yeah, yeah. It's not like I meant anything by it," he replied nonchalantly.

I smiled at the young she-wolf, "You may leave," I told her. She nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her. I waited a bit until I was sure that she was a safe distance away; werewolf hearing. Once I was sure we had complete privacy from prying ears, we got right to business.

"What do you mean she remembers nothing?" I asked, flabbergasted. I practically flew out of my chair. "Exactly what I said," replied Devon. "And have you seen her," I asked, apprehensive. "No, I haven't," replied Devon, he looked concerned. I addressed it. "What aren't you telling," I pushed.

"No one has seen Sirena in person," except Mia. "Why is that," I asked. "Couldn't say, Mia did say she didn't want to see anyone, but that could be just an excuse. Then again, she has no reason to lie." said Devon, doubt written all over his face.

"Have she mentioned anything else, how long has she been here? Why didn't anyone inform me sooner," I asked agitatedly. "Well, according to Mia two days today, she was found at the outskirts of the pack borders, where she lost consciousness soon after," said Devon. "I need to see her now," I demanded.

"Zander," Devon called out. "Now, now, there's no need for that, I'll take you to her," continued Devon, addressing me as if I'm a pup. I gritted my teeth in irritation. He's lucky we're best friends, and my Beta or I would have had him held by the throat by now. Also, I know he's just teasing, trying to get a reaction from me. Centring myself, I took slow breaths in, I could feel Devon's eyes on me. Once, I replied, "Let's go," before exiting the room.

. . .

Sirena's POV

Mia and I hung out a bit before she had to leave, after all, she did had work. Before leaving, though, she alerted me that the Alpha would be visiting. I of course was beside myself, not knowing what to do or think. Mia being the caring person she is, soothed me, reassuring me that everything would be alright and work itself out. I should just have faith. I took her on her word and did just that.

Not wanting to be seen in just a state, I got off the bed and padded towards the en-suite. There I found clean towels and toiletries I could use. Once done brushing, I ran myself a warm bath in dire need for a soak. Stepping in, as my body is submerged in the warm strawberry scented liquid, all tension and worry I felt melted away, I visually sighted.

It's been awhile since I had a bath, it felt so good, being able to relax again. Although I wasn't gone for long, it sure felt like a long time. According to what Mia has told me, I've been missing roughly six weeks. I asked how she knew, since she wasn't even aware I was Luna until afterwards. Apparently, she mind linked Devon, and he filed her in.

I found myself wondering what the Alpha looked like, probably really handsome, I thought, making my face heat up in response. Girls get it together, I thought to myself. Suddenly feeling flushed, I stepped out of the bath, the cold air touching my skin as I reached for a robe and wrapping it around myself, noticing how thin I've become.

Leaving the bathroom, all cleaned up, I was met with a fresh pair of clothes and a note placed on top. I thought you might need a pair of clothes as I'm sure you wouldn't want to be seen in the state you are in right now, so I took it upon myself to get it for you. Don't worry your pretty head about the cost or anything like that. Consider it a token of our friendship. I smiled, as I read the note, appreciating the gesture.

As I was getting dressed, a musky woody smell made its way to my nose, later on accompanied by a knock on the door that grabbed my attention. "Sirena," a voice called out, sending tingles all over. I wonder why I feel this way. "Sirena," the voice replied again. Returning the call, I responded, "Coming." Quickly I got dressed, the alluring scent intensifying. Once done, my back facing away from the door, I let the person on the other side of the room know they could enter.

The handle of the door rattled followed by the squeaking of the door announcing that whoever was outside is now inside. I didn't turn, not wanting to face the person. I wasn't ready, not yet. Stayed like that for a few seconds but felt excruciating longer, until finally, he broke the silence. "Sirena is that you," he whispered, almost as if he was scared it was all a dream. I didn't answer. He continued anyway, "I know about everything, about you losing your memory." Another pause.

There were so many emotions coursing through me right now, all so familiar yet foreign at the same time. "Please, Sirena. Look at me," he begged, his voice pained. I felt it, his pain. My heart clenched in reaction. I didn't like how he was making me feel and I didnt want to face him, but I can't hide behind my fear.

Mia's word for earlier echoed in my mind, 'everything would be alright and work itself out. Just have faith.' Remembering that and using it as my anchor, I took a deep breath and slowly turned around, but I still didn't look up. One step at a time.

Eyes cast down, I muster the strength to speak, "you're the Alpha and my mate, correct," I asked. I noticed his feet as he took a step closer. Instinctively, I took one step back. He stopped his advances, noticing that I didn't want to be approached, as he let out a dejected sound. My heart did the thing again, clenching in pain as it felt it as its own.

"That's right," he finally replied, "I am," he added. I just nodded, eyes still on the floor. "It's true, then," continued. I was confused, What's true. "Huh," I sounded out, barely audible. "That you have no recollection of me and what we mean to each other," he finished. "Yes," I whispered. The air was beginning to sizzle with tension, as I shifted from leg to leg, uncomfortable. "Can you please look at me," he tried once more, this time I gave in.

Slowly, my eyes trailed up his figure, taking everything in. His polished black shoes, up, up to his strong muscular legs, up, up his toned abs showing through the fitted white dress shirt, up, up to his Adam apple that boobed up and down, up, up.

To his pink full lips, up, up his slender nose, his sharp jawlines covered with stubbles until they finally reached his eyes. So blue, I was transfixed. As soon as our eyes locked, everything came rushing back. I stumbled backwards by the intensity, clenching my head as it all came back to me all at once.

Zander steadied me. "You okay love," came his sweet voice, soothing me. I smiled up at him. "Yeah I'm good," I replied. "I just um... I remember everything," I whispered, scared that this was all a dream.

Zander's eyes lit up. "Oh my Goddess, I'm so glad," he laughed out loud, engulfing me in a hug as I melted into his warm touch. Finally, home.