16

Chapter Sixteen

Sirena's POV

I woke up with a start. What the actual hell? I tried to get up, but something or someone was restricting my movement. I searched through the house, my eyes landing on a figure. I squinted, only just realizing it was dark.

How long was I out for? I thought to myself. One thing at a time, Sirena. I analysed the figure, and by the build of the figure, it was a male. The male was sitting in a chair hoisted close to the bed, head rested on his arm that lay on the bed. I tilted my head in curiosity, why is there a male on my bed, and why am I hearing.

I don't seem to remember how I got here, everything is all hazy. I can't seem to separate reality from a dream or what I thought was a dream. It was all so vivid yet unclear at the same time. I sigh. I sound crazy. I don't know what is real any more.

I lay back on the plush pillow, I glanced right, staring out at the big window that was currently open, letting in a gentle breeze. I stared at the velvety pitch blackness of the night. The night sky was clear, the moon on full display, not a cloud at sight. As I stared at the full moon, the only source of light, I felt a sense of peace and connection, something stirred inside me, wanting to let out.

The moon looked so beautiful as its silver hue shone into the room. My eyes became heavy, a sudden urge of sleepiness overcame me...slowly closing as my eyes become heavy and just before they closed a silvery figure appeared before my eyes. I could only make out the slender figure, one of a ballerina, and her cascading silver hair as she shines under the moonlight like she was the moon herself.

The figure reached her hands out as she whispered my name, Sireeenaaa. Her words echoed, lingering in the air as my eyes finally closed, succumbing to the darkness as it wrapped its cool fingers around me, as it slowly lulled into a deep slumber.

***

The second time I came through, it was bright. It must be daytime, I thought. I looked around the room, noticing that this time I was alone in the room. I also noticed that I was in Zander's room, something I didn't realize last night, or I think it was last night. I wonder what time it is right now and how long I've been out for.

Getting up, I was suddenly overwhelmed as I was overcome with a dizzy spell. The room tilted. I felt like I was trapped in a boat that kept tilting. I reached out to the bedpost, steadying myself. Flashes of images crossed my eyes but were fleeting. They were gone just as fast as they came. It was really odd. I wonder what it means. All of this is so crazy, I sigh, throwing myself onto the bed.

I'm not sure how to feel about all of this. It's a lot to take in. It's all so overwhelming, at this point leaving, getting away from all of this is probably best, then again at the same time I don't want to leave, Besides leaving won't do any good. I let out a breath of confusion and frustration. I can't help but think if I want to deal with all of this drama. I never asked for this. I just wanted to be free and happy. I guess it's not in my faith.

"Sirena is everything alright." Zander's voice rang through my mind, taking me by surprise, I've completely forgotten the abilities that came with becoming one of the pack. It feels odd.

"Love is everything alright," came Zander's voice again. That's going to take a while to get used to. "Everything is fine, Zander. There's nothing to worry about," I assured him. I wonder how he knew I was feeling, it might have something to do with the mate bond.

"Yes," Zander answered as if reading my mind, confirming my thoughts. So, you know what I'm feeling right now, I asked as I filled my mind with kittens, chocolate, and the sound of the beach. "Yes," was his reply.

"Is that so? What am I feeling then," I asked mysteriously? Well, right now you are feeling happy. "

I laughed, you're right. Got up from the bed. Still connected to Zander. Are you sure you're alright, Zander asked his voice filled with worry. "I am now," I replied. "I'll leave you to your work, we can take later., '' I continued. "Okay, if you are positive everything's alright," said Zander. "Positive," I replied. Okay then, if you need anything you know where to find me, Zander replied. "I will, promise."

"Okay then, stay safe, love," said Zander before cutting the mind link.