22

Chapter Twenty Two

Sirena POV

I watched as the warriors fought in awe. How they move, their skill, their hard work, everything is all so inspiring to watch. Ever since the attack and the shift I've had this urge to protect everyone, Zander says that it's my Luna instincts awaking. I stayed just watching as they fought, transitioning from human to wolf, right up until the fight was over.

One of the fighters walked up to me, "Luna, how can I help you," the stranger replied. I was taken aback, surprised he addressed me. I have forgotten I was now Luna. Regaining my composure, I smiled at the young man. "Don't mind me, I was just observing, you may continue," I replied, not sounding like myself. Are you by any chance interested? he asked curiously. I was, but I wasn't sure if I should or even let this man know. "Um, I'm considering it," was my reply.

How about we spare. The stranger who was previously sparring with um...damn, I don't know his name. I was uneasy, not sure if I should. Come on, it'll be fun, we'll go easy on you. I thought t over for a bit, nothing seeing the harm in it, I agreed. Awesome, Drake here will show you how, pointing at the younger male I was previously talking to. Drake, that's his name, etching it to memory. Drake gave me a court nod. Oh, and I'm Mason.

"Sure," I replied, shrugging my shoulders, not knowing what else to say.

* * *

"Zander," I asked, approaching the topic with caution. "Yes, love," he replied. I can never get sick of him calling me that. "Um, I was wondering if I could train," I rushed out. Zander frowned. I panicked. What if he doesn't agree? I don't want to complicate things, he'd done so much for me already, I'll hate to make him angry.

Before he could say anything. I interrupted. "I'm aware of my position and situation, but I would like to train. You won't always be there to protect me, and I'd like to be able to defend myself, even if it's just a little, to have a fighting chance. Also, how can I run a pack by your side and protect them if I can't even protect myself?" I babbled.

Over the past few weeks, I have truly grown. I'm no longer a timid, weak girl who got picked on and abused. Now I am a strong woman whose Luna now, well not officially. I am still in shock, who would have thought. If someone told me I would become a Luna, I could have laughed at them and said they were crazy and needed to see a doctor or would have been pissed that they were tricking me.

Anyway, I have changed a lot without hanging much, if that makes any sense. I have Zander, his family, and friends to thank for that, especially Zander. My knight in wolf. Just thinking of him brought a smile to my face. I couldn't be happier. It's nice to feel wanted and loved, who doesn't want that and it's ok to want it.

"Sirena, earth to Sirena. Are you there?"

I blinked twice, my eyes focusing on the hand waving in front of my face. I'm sorry I replied. I could feel my cheeks burning, I could just imagine how my face looked right now and just as I thought I could be more embarrassed, Zander commented.

"It's okay you're quite cute when you're all dreamy-like. Lost in the dream world."

Diverting the attention away from my burning face, I redirect the focus to Zander. "You needed my attention for something. "

"Ah! Yeah," clearly distracted, did your cute face kinda distracted me for a sec." He threw a jaw-dropping, belly flipping megawatt smile my way. I thought I was going to pass out there and then. Dear Goddess, help me. "Zander," I injected, diverting his attention from me yet again and back on topic. "Sorry," he replied. "As I was saying, I've thought over your offer and decided that maybe you should train."

"Wait, what? Did I hear that correctly?" I stared at Zander speechless as he continued to ramble about his condition and what not but I wasn't paying much attention.

I spoke what was on my mind just to conform to what I heard. You never know, I was probably projecting my desires onto a train that I thought I heard him utter the words I wanted to hear. I am training. I said I could train with the guys. Zander nodded. I was so happy, I unexpectedly lunged at Zander for a hug.

He wasn't expecting it as we tumbled on the bed in a heap. "Hey, easy there," he chuckled. I'm laughing so hard, his laugh is so contagious, I could not help but giggle in response. "Thanks so much, Zan," I beamed. " Anything for you, love," Zander replied, returning the gesture.