19

Chapter Nineteen

Sirena's POV

"Are you okay, love?" Zander asked, worry etched on his face. Meeting the Moon Goddess, that's a lot and to top it off I'm allegedly detained for great things," I said, "Um... yeah, I'm good. It's just...it's a lot, you know, to take in."

"I know It is a lot to take in and a lot to ask for, but I'm here for you, every step of the way," said Zander, caressing my knuckles. The soothing gesture helped me calm down and unclench my fist that I hadn't even researched was clenched, to begin with.

"What happens now," I asked. "We can take it one step at a time. We don't have to rush. In fact..." Zander drawled mysteriously. I stared at him cautiously, but decided to play along. I wonder what he is up to? "In fact..." I repeated, one eyebrow raised questionably.

"After everything you've been through so far, I thought I could do a little something for you," said Zander. "Now, I was curious. "That would be," I dragged, waiting for him to fill me in. Zander stayed silent, I was at the edge. "Zander, spit...it....out."

"I thought I could take you on a date," said Zander. " Really," I asked ecstatically. "Yup, you deserve it, bedsides, we haven't been on one yet." Zander has a goofy grin plastered all over his face, he looks so cute.

"Where would you be taking me," I asked giddily. "That's for me to know and you to find out," replied Zander mysteriously. I feel like he's always being mysterious or could just be me. So you're not going to tell me, I asked. "Nope," Zander replied. I pouted, pulling all the stops. I have to if this is going to work.

"You're not going to give me even a little hint," I prompted. Zander shook his head in reply, mouth shut tight, not budging an inch. "Fine then," I huffed, turning away from him. I'm well aware I'm behaving like a child right now, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Hopefully, this would work if I play my cards correctly.

"Come on baby, don't be like that," came Zander, reaching for just for me to pull out of his grip. I stayed like this for a while, and still nothing. Just when I was about to give up, he caved. "Fine, one hint, but that's it." I turned to face him again with a huge smile on my face.

"So..." I urged. Zander chuckled at my antics, before replying. "Okay love, the first clue, is..." deliberately trailing off. "Is..." prompting him to continue. He's really trying my patience, I might just burst from the suspense. "Is... outside, Zander finally let out. Is that it, he needs to be more specific. I felt like a deflated balloon.

"That's it," I replied, clearly disappointed. Zander smiled devilishly, the nerve of the guy. "It's a surprise love, I can't give away too much or it won't be a surprise now would it," was Zander reply. Who does he think he is, he thinks he's so smart. Well jokes on him.

"Fine," I replied. I let it go, for now, not letting on my plan to make him succumb to my will.

I spent the whole day trying to get Zander to spill the beans. Unfortunately for me, he stood strong, but I refused to give up, not happening. I'm not stopping until he cracks.

***

Hours went by, and now I'm outside Zander's office, waiting for him to finish with his meeting, to pounce, and finally get him to crack. I had to know. Honestly, I didn't, it wouldn't have mattered either way, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. You say curiosity kills the cat, I'm the cat, well in this case the wolf with the curiosity.

I waited for what felt like forever, finally, my patient was rewarded.

"We'll keep our guard up, Alpha, thank you. We'll take our leave now." By the sound of the conversation, they are wrapping up, yes. I'm so close I can smell it. The door opened, revealing the guest, Alpha Damien and his Beta from the Emerald Stone Pack.

"Luna, said Alpha Damien, acknowledging my presence, slightly bowing in respect. Alpha, I bowed, returning the respect. "You must be the gem I've been hearing about. It seems you've captured Aloha Zander's heart." The thought warmed my heart. "It seems like it," I replied.

Alpha Damien turned towards the entrance where Zander currently resides, his tall, yet built frame taking up the place. "She's a special one, keep her close." Zander made his way to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"She sure is," he replied. "and I'll make sure she feels like it every damn time," a look of pride and love on his face. Could it be that Zander loves me, it can't be, surely. I was so immersed in my thoughts, I didn't realize the guests had left.

"You okay, love. You look like you're elsewhere," said Zander. "Oh, yeah. You just took me by surprise. I wasn't aware you felt so strongly about it." I was still slightly in shock. "Without a doubt," he replied.

I smiled fondly at him, Zander doing the same. The air was suddenly charged. Zander was leaning closer...closer. In a panic, I stepped back. A look of hurt clouded Zander's beautiful gray eyes. I instantly felt bad, I didn't mean to hurt him, I just wasn't ready just yet.

Closing the gap between us, I reach for his hand. "I'm sorry Zander, I started, it's not that I don't want to kiss you, I do, I really do, but I'm just not there yet. I need you to be patient with me okay, I finished, gently stroking his cheeks.

He was silent for a while, his eyes searching. I waited with bated breath. A smile made its on his lips. "I understand, I don't want to pressure you into anything you're not ready for. I'll wait a lifetime if I had to, for you it's worth the wait. My heart skipped a beat. "That was cheesy, I smiled. "There's a lot more of that, he replied, especially tomorrow."

Tomorrow, that's our date, now's my chance. Speaking of Tomorrow and cheese, what exactly do you have planned, I asked. You're not going to let it go, are you," Zander asked, with a knowing smile. Nope, I replied. So, are you going 5o tell me or what? Zander laughed, "it was fun while it lasted."

"So..." I pushed. "Okay, you win. It's a picnic, in a meadow I stumbled upon," Zander caved. That's sound wonderful, I was speechless. "You hate it, I knew it. I should have gone for something more fancy," said Zander, taking my silence the wrong way. I quickly stopped him there.

"It's not that, Zan. I was just in awe. It's absolutely perfect," I quickly added. "You sure," he replied doubly. "Positive." I replied reassuringly. "I wouldn't change it for the world, it's absolutely perfect, you're absolutely perfect," I replied.

He smiled, I was glad, relief evident in his tone. I could help the smile that graced my lips. I seem to always be smiling. With him, I can't seem to stop, and I don't I'll ever want to. I sigh in content.

"You'll be the death of me, Sirena Silvermoon," said Zander. "I know," I replied. Victory is mine, never underestimate a determined she-wolf.