21

Chapter Twenty One

Sirena's POV

After the shock of today's event; the rogue attacks and then me shifting, into a wolf, a freaking wolf,

It's safe to say we won. When the rogues realized they weren't winning, they quickly retreated, tail between legs, to the hole they came from. My wolf was still in control though, jumping at every small sound, still in protective mode.

"Sirena," I could hear Zander's voice in my head. Sirena, love, you need to shift, said Zander. Unfortunately for me, I don't know-how. I don't even know how I shifted, to begin with, it kinda just happened. "How," I asked through the mind link.

"You need to focus, ground yourself," Zander instructed. I did exactly that or what I thought I was doing. "What now?" I asked. Now searched deep within, do you feel your wolf? I nodded, then remembered he couldn't see me. "Yeah, what now?" I urge, now restless. "Patient love," Zander chuckled. I inwardly rolled my eyes. "That's easy for you to say," I replied.

Zander chuckled some more. "I see you find my attitude amusing," I replied dryly. "Sorry, babe, "replied Zander. I huffed. I wonder what my wolf looked like when I did that, I thought. Okay, joke aside. "What, now Zander," I prompted. "Now, imagine yourself, your human self, shifting from fur to your human flesh."

"It's not working," I panicked. "Why, isn't it working?" I asked. "You might be overworking it, maybe relax a little and try again. Don't force it, let it work naturally." Zander instructed.

Okay, I replied, taking a deep breath. I closed my eyes, imagining my fur retracting itself back to where it came from, replaced by human skin. "You did it." Zander's voice could be heard, pride evident. I did, astonished.

Slowly opening my eyes. I was indeed back to my human self, and everything accountable for, thank god. I don't know what I'd have done if something had gone wrong. I'll probably never show my face again or anything.

Zander walked towards me, "I'm so proud, you did well." I beamed, "Thank you." I am curious, though, how are you fully clothed?" I looked at him quizzically. "What do you mean? I asked. "Well, when wolves shift our clothes are torn in the process, meaning when we shift back where naked."

"Oh," I replied, taken aback and slightly embarrassed. The thought of Zander naked made me tingly all over. I can feel my cheeks burning up. I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato right now. "How are you feeling? Shifting for the first time can be painful."

I feel fine, nothing hurting or broken, thankfully. "I feel fine, a bit tingly but nothing major, so there's no need for you to worry your little head about," I teased. That's good to hear," he replied, smiling. "So what now?"

Your wolf is stunning and quite big for a female. "Is that bad?" I asked, worried. "Not necessarily. It must likely be because you're a very powerful wolf, being a hybrid.

We are now in the pack house. "You should find some time to connect with your wolf, maybe go on a run, hunt, anything that would help strengthen the bond between you and your wolf, '' Zander suggested. I thought about what he said. It does make sense, "Yeah, okay," I replied.

"I have a meeting, so I won't be able to accompany you," he replied. Let me know if you need anything," placing a sweet kiss on my cheeks. My gaze lingers on him as he turns a corner, vanishing from my line of vision.

In the Library

When Zander left to do pack business, I made my way to the library, but not before continuously getting lost. Why is this place so big?" I moaned, exasperated. While aimlessly wandering the halls, Luna and I had a convo. Luna is what I decided to call her. Our conversation went a bit like this:

"Maybe you should have asked Zander for directions, genius," said Luna. I huffed, whatever. "That's not important now, he's in a meeting anyway."

I don't think he'll mind, those meetings are boring anyway, it's probably itching for an excuse.

That may be, but I don't want to disturb him. The meetings are important, right," I inquired. "Yeah, so," she replied. "I can't bother him then, can I."

"You're no fun," she replied. I wonder if anyone would go on a run with me today. I'm not confident enough to go on my own. Anything could happen. "That's what I'm here for," my wolf chipped in. "What am I, chopped liver?" I couldn't help the small chuckle that left my mouth. "Sorry," I replied sheepishly. "Kinda forgot you were there," I joked. I can imagine her expression right now. Disbelief and shock.

"You...you forgot," she replied, bewildered. "Yeah," I played along, messing with her. "How could you, I am part of you, you know. I'm offended," she huffed. "Luna... Luna, I was kidding I didn't forget honestly. I was just pulling your leg, pun intended."

"You're such a jerk," she said, rather coldly. "Aww, I was kidding," I tried to comfort her, feeling bad. It didn't work. "Let's see if you'll find it funny if I decide to not talk to you," she replied. "Luna," I started, but she left. Giving me the cold shoulders.

Great now I've upset her, a great start to our bonding. At some point I ended up at the library, I don't know how but I did. Facing the door, I looked up. There on the door said library, in a fancy silver cursive font. I wasn't sure if I should enter or not, so I found myself hovering for what felt like a good minute.

It could easily have been less or more, but that's not important. Anyway, after much hovering and contemplation, I finally entered.

I gently pulled down on the handle – just in case someone was occupying the space, I won't want to disturb them – and entered, head first, before my body followed. I'm well aware I'm being quite extra, deal with it.

From what I could tell, no one was there, which is good. I have some time to think and be on my own in peace.

* * *

I feel all tensed I could do with that run, Zander was talking about.

Ahh

I stretched, releasing all the tense muscles from sitting there for a long period of time. I forgot the book that I placed on the armchair as it made a big bang when it came into forceful contact with the floor. The unexpected sound made me jump, startled. I decided to try Luna, hopefully, she's ready to talk.

"Hey Luna, you up for a run," I asked, linking her. I wasn't expecting her to answer, especially not so energetically, so I was surprised when she did. "Hell, yeah! I'm always up for a run, duh." I sigh in relief. I thought we weren't talking, I asked. What made you think that, she replied, surprised. Well, the little squabble we had just recently.

"Oh, yeah," she replied, recalling the moment. "I actually forgot about that. Besides, I was just playing, you're a part of me I wouldn't really ever be mad at you, at least not for long. Unless it was something unforgivable, then we have an issue." That's nice to know, I thought. "Ok then, I'm glad," I said, voicing my thoughts.

"What ya, waiting for let's go, go, go." I laughed, "okay," I replied before shifting. This time it wasn't so hard, I think I'm getting the hang of this shifting business.

* * *

As I ran through the woods, a sense of unity overcame me. I felt secure, safe, and free.

After the refreshing run, I got to bond with Luna, even more, the previous run strengthened our bond even more. We're currently in a random spot. I have no idea how I found it, we just randomly stumbled across it.

"Luna," I said blissfully. "Yeah," she replied the same. "I'm glad you're my wolf," I said, meaning every word I said. "Me too," she replied.

Today was the day of a beautiful friendship.