7

Today school was let out early to support the track team. Grace is sitting on a bench inside the locker room.

"Grace you alright?" Mamrie asks.

"Yeah I'm fine just......nervous." Grace says letting out a deep breath.

"You have nothing to worry about you are fast as fuck. Just focus on the track." Mamrie says slinging her arm around her friends shoulder as they make their way out to the track. As Grace waited till she was called for the 600m she talked to Tyler Mamrie and Sarah who came to support her.

"Wheres Hannah? I would have thought she came." Grace says.

"She's here, just not here." Sarah says gesturing into the area where they were.

"I havent talked to her all week. I feel like she's ignoring me." Grace says. Tyler laughs.

"She's not, she's just......acting like a sad Hannah would act." Tyler says looking around to see if he spots his lost friend. She sees her in the entrance to the locker room with a girl. Tyler nudges Mamrie and points to Hannah, Mamrie rolls her eyes. Grace notices and looks Hannah's way. Grace bits on the inside of her cheek.

"Grace there you are!"Chester shouts walking toward Grace. Chester hugs and kisses Grace. Hannah glances over and sees, she leans in and kisses the girl infront of her. This is the 8th girl she's did today. Grace smiles at Chester as she playfully pushes him away looking over at Hannah who was now making-out with a girl.

Chester sees the upset-ness in Grace's face and looks in the direction Grace had.

"You okay?" Chester asks. Even though he's cheating, he does really care about Grace.

"Yeah I'm fine." Grace says giving him a small smile. As Chester was about to say something the speakers announced for the runners to take their place. "I gotta go. See you later Ches." Grace says giving Chester one last kiss before she ran off. The sound of the gun shot filled the air. Grace was in first with a girl catching up on her fast. That is until she ran past Hannah sucking on a girls neck and kissing her. She got angry and sad and she ran and ran as fast as her legs could take her.

Mamrie watched Grace speed of leaving the other runners in the dust. She saw before hand when Grace glanced at Hannah. She knows Grace likes Hannah but knows Grace won't ever act on her feelings. And now Grace is being fueled by anger. Grace won first place by a huge gap. But Grace didn't seem happy about it. Tyler saw as well. Tyler looked at Mamrie and reading each others mind they knew what they had to do.

Hannah disappears behind the bleachers with the girl and Tyler Mamrie and Sarah go and hug Grace for her accomplishment.

"That was amazing Grace!"Tyler said.

"Thanks." Grace said out of breath. As the night rolls out and the competition is over. Hannah's goofing around with Sawyer as Tyler Mamrie and Grace approach them. Hannah's smile washes away a little by seeing Grace. Hannah clears her throat.

"Umm...hey." Hannah says.

"Where have you been? We haven't talk to you all day." Mamrie says.

"Sorry i was....busy." Hannah says smirking Sawyers way. "Oh right guys this is Sawyer, Sawyer this is Grace, Mamrie and Tyler. Where's Sarah?" Hannah says noticing that her friend isn't there.

"She left awhile ago." Grace says.

"Wheres your boyfriend?" Hannah asks not really caring.

"He's around here somewhere." Grace says looking at her feet.

"Yeah kissing some other girl that isn't you." Hannah mumbles under her breath. Sawyer hears and his eyes widened, he slaps Hannah's arm.

"What was that Hannah?" Grace says.

"Nothing." Hannah says rubbing her arm.

"We better go, Hannah text me tonight i wanna talk to you." Mamrie says.

"Cool dude. Bye." Hannah says as they walk away. Hannah and Sawyer get up from the bleachers after a while and walked down to the track. Grace and Mamrie had stayed in the parking lot conversating.

"Whats up with you and Grace? Things seem....tense between you too. Wait you didn't fuck her did you?" Sawyer says as they walk to the gate.

"NO! God I wish." Hannah says as she pushes Sawyer to the side. "But no, remember how she broke up with Chester well at the last game she kissed me on the cheek and when she broke up with Chester she was more.. i felt like i had a chance you know. But then when i glanced at her she was kissing Chester. Thats when i was tackled, so I've been kinda ignoring her."

"Thats gotta be horrible. Well at least you have all the girls at school falling for you." Sawyer said pushing Hannah. They started to push each other around and raced each other to the parking lot. It was darker in the parking lot than on the field.

"Hannah wanna come over?" Sawyer asks.

"Yeah su- OW!" Hannah yells as she's pulled to the ground and punched by non other than Chester. Sawyer rushed over but was being tag teamed, Hannah and Sawyer getting beat senseless.

"Thats for Grace, FAGGOT!!" Chester spits on Hannah. Hannah gets up and punches Chester senseless.

"Thats for being a cheater!" Hannah says about to punch Chester again when the guys who beat up Sawyer grabbed her by the arms holding her in place. Sawyer was laying on the ground knocked out cold. Chester got up and started to kick and punch Hannah everywhere in her body.

"OOWWW!!" Hannah yelled out for someone to hear. To her luck Grace and Mamrie heard and were looking for where the screams came from. But as Mamrie yells.

"Oh MY GOD!!" and covers her mouth. Chester punches Hannah so hard she passes out. Chester and his friends are in the shadows and quickly run away as Mamrie and Grace approach Hannah and Sawyer.

"Oh my god what happened?" Grace says seeing her poor friend bleeding.

"Grace call an ambulance!" Mamrie says walking over to where Sawyer lays.

"They said they'll be here in a couple minutes." Grace says kneeing and picking up Hannah's head and lays it on her lap.

"Who the hell were those guys?" Mamrie says pulling Sawyer near Hannah. Grace looks down at Hannah the parking lot lights helping her see Hannah's face. She moves Hannah's hair thats covering her face. They hear the ambulance coming and soon lights flashing. Grace quickly kissed Hannah's cheek. Before the paramedics came with gurneys and took Hannah and Sawyer off to the hospital.

"Grace your moms here." Mamrie says as the ambulance drives off. Grace and Mamrie start to walk to her mom's car.

"Why was the ambulance here?" Theresa asks as Grace and Mamrie get into the car.

"Our friend Hannah and her friend got beaten up pretty bad by couple of guys we couldn't see." Mamrie explains as Grace falls silent.

"Are you two hurt? Are you they going to be okay?" Theresa asks with her hand over her mouth.

"No we're fine. But I think they'll be fine, the paramedics didn't really say anything." Mamrie responded.

"Mom can you take us to the hospital?" Grace finally said.

"Yeah sure do you know where they brought her?" She says as she drives the car out of the parking lot.