24

"Grace open up." Mamrie knocked gently on her bedroom door. Her Sarah and Tyler had let them selves inside the house since the front door was unlocked. You could hear small whimpers and deep breaths from the other side of the door. They heard shuffling from the other side. The door opened and they find Grace with red eyes and tear stains.

"Aww honey come here." Tyler said as he sees how sad his friend is. He goes in for a hug wrapping his arms around Grace as she leans down and cries on his shoulder. "Come on lets sit down." He says walking and plopping himself on the floor. Grace sets herself next to Tyler, Sarah and Mamrie, as she  still crying on Tyler shoulder with his arm around her protectively.

"Whats happened?" Tyler asks softly when Grace had stopped sobbing.

"I went back into the lunch room to talk to Hannah like a said i would to Mamrie." She began stuttering and sniffling between her words. "But when i went inside she was kissing Ingrid." She said tears starting to fall again. She had put her head on Tyler shoulder while he looked over at Sarah and Mamrie all having the same look. Mamrie mouthed 'Should we tell her?' Sarah responded 'She'll find out eventually. Might as well.' They nodded then Mamrie spoke up.

"Grace?" Mamrie's voice was calm as Grace lifted her head from Tyler's shoulder and was face to face with sadness written across her eyes in big letters. She took a deep breath, "Grace...umm Hannah and....we think Hannah might actually want to be with Ingrid, well Tyler was the first one to think it and after he showed us what he was seeing we think so too." they await Grace's response but there wasn't one for a while. Only blinking eyes between the four.

"That can't be she's just gonna do what she always does with girls. Get them into bed and leave. She doesn't have feelings her she'll end up leaving her sooner or later." at some point Grace's voice got louder almost screaming at her friends. 

"Grace listen to me s-" Tyler began before Grace interrupted. 

"NO! She'll leave her, just watch by the end of today and then I'm going to tell her how i feel." Grace said as she stood up leaving her three friends in concern.

~~~~~

Tyler had rushed to Hannah's house to get ready for the party. He ran up the stairs and walked into Hannah's room finding her buttoning up the last button on her shirt. 

"Hey Ty!" She says happily. 

"Hey, whats got you so happy?" Tyler says pleased to see his blonde friend smiling. 

"Umm i asked out Ingrid." Hannah says blushing and looking to the ground smiling like a fool.

"Wow." Tyler was shocked both happy that Hannah finally asked someone out and worried for Grace, already seeing her devastation. "Are you guys a thing now or just going out?" he asked.

"A thing I hope and she's coming over for the party i want to introduce her to my dad." Hannah says her grin growing bigger. "I better get things set up." She says walking past Tyler who stood there without a word like a statue. She closed her bedroom door behind her, after Tyler heard the click of the door closing, he let out a long breath. 

"God this is going to be a disaster."

~~~~~~~

Grace and Mamrie arrived at Hannah's house greeted by David.

"Where's Hannah?" Mamrie questioned.

"Oh we told her to go some where while we finish setting up for the party." David responded entering the kitchen.

"Mamrie can i talk to you." Tyler asked as he walks towards a closed corner as Mamrie follows while Grace had gone to help David. Concern growing more and more as Tyler faces her with a sad look. 

"Whats going on Tyler?" She whispers. 

"Umm...so when i came earlier to get ready Hannah was here. We had a small chat......and it......she said......" Tyler stops his mouth not wanting to say the words outloud.

"Spit it out man." Mamrie demanded.

"She kind of...she might have said something about Ingrid." Tyler says vaguely his mouth not wanting to speak the poison that would soon break Grace's heart. 

"Could you be anymore vague?" The red head says.

"She said that she asked out Ingrid and that they might be a thing." Tyler says really fast. A little to fast for Mamrie, she takes a minute or so to understand what the brown haired boy had blurted. Her eyes widen as the sentence sinks in. 

"You're kidding right?" She says hoping to any god that it was. Tyler shakes his head with a small frown tugging his lips. 

"She also said that Ingrid's coming." Tyler says softly.

"Ingrid coming here, to the party?" 

"Yeah, she's coming to introduce her to David." Tyler says.

"Good god." she mumbles under her breath, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This is going to break Grace." She says.

"Whats gonna break me?" Grace says from behind them, frightening the two.

"Nothing." Mamrie says quickly. Grace lets it slide she trust her friends if its important they'll tell her. 

"Ok. David asked for a hand to finish setting up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, i want you to meet my dad." Hannah says dragging Ingrid up the stairs of her porch. 

"Okay. Okay. Don't pull off my arm." Ingrid giggles as Hannah smiles at her "Isn't it a bit early between us for me to meet your dad." 

"Maybe but my dad's like my best friend, he's great you'll love him." She opens the door and before she steps a foot inside the house she hears her friends yelling Happy birthday. Ingrid and Hannah's hands still intertwined as they walking in making their way through the crowd of friends to Hannah's father who was conversing with Grace, Mamrie, and Tyler. 

"Hey!" Hannah said.

"Hey sweetie! Happy birthday!" David said for the millionth time that day.

"Happy birthday Hannah!" Grace and Mamrie both said in unison.

"Thanks. Dad id like you to meet Ingrid." Hannah says as she sets aside and makes room for Ingrid squeezing her hand for comfort. 

"Its nice to meet you Ingrid."  David says with a smile.

"You too Mr. Hart." she says softly.

"Please call me David." 

"i actually have an announcement." Hannah spoke walking to the stairs so she can be seen better. Ingrid trailing behind her. Tyler and Mamrie had a look of panic plastered on their faces.Both thinking of scenarios to stop this.  "Everyone i have something to tell all of you. Ingrid and I are together." 

There was a second of silence but for Grace it was longer than a second. Sawyer and Sarah looked over at Grace so had Mamrie, Tyler, Troye and David. All watching Grace crumbles to bits inside, all in a matter of a second all the world went to hell, at least for Grace.