19

Grace Anne Helbig has never been more confused in her life. She has no idea what the hell she's doing. One day she had her life together, she had a great friends, was kinda popular, and had a decent boyfriend. Had her whole life planed out. She was fine, then came Hannah Maud Hart and complicated everything. Grace is laying on her bed on a Wednesday afternoon staring at her ceiling trying to figure out what the hell happened. How did things get so damn complicated? she thought. There was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Honey you in here?" Theresa asks poking her head inside the room.

"Yeah come in." Grace said sitting up.

"I didn't know if you were in here, its so quiet. I thought you were dead." Theresa laughs. Grace smiles slightly.

"No I'm alive."

"Whats wrong?" Theresa asks seeing the her daughter on edge.

"Nothing." Grace dismisses the question. Theresa studies Grace for a bit trying to figure out whats wrong.

"Is it Hannah?" She asks. Grace looks at her mother in shock, she opens her mouth but couldn't seem to know what to say. "Its alright Grace. Ive known you liked her since the day at the hospital." She chuckles lightly.

"What?" The only thing Grace seems to be able to say.

"You were holding her hand and I saw the way you looked at her when she woke up. There was a twinkle in your eyes, the same twinkle you get when you do things you love." Theresa smiles at Grace who stares at her mother still dumb strucked. "And i saw something in her eyes too. She likes you." Grace smiles.

"Yeah she does actually." Grace says fiddling with her hands.

"Are you guys dating?" Theresa asks excited.

"No. its complicated." Grace says.

"What do you mean?" Theresa asks confused as to why a high school relationship would be complicated.

"Umm. See the thing is i like her. And i mean i really really like her but i did something stupid and she got upset and now she won't talk to me." Grace said not to tell her mother but still wanting her to help.

"Well how stupid was it on a scale of 1 to 10?"

"8 or 9."

"Oh. Hmmm." Theresa sang as she thought. " If your really sorry for what you did you have to show her. Does she know you like her?"

"No. Kinda. I tried to kiss her once but that was the day that i broke up with Chester. And i ran crying and she ran after me. She hugged me until i stopped crying and when i lean in she turned around and said that i was vulnerable and wasn't think straight. And then one night after a game there was a party and i told her i was falling for her. Which i am but she thinks i was joking." Grace shrugged.

"At least i know now that she's would never take advantage of you." Theresa said happily. Grace rolled her eyes. "You have to show her you really really like her and that your sorry. If not than you can't really do anything."

"Mom I'm really falling for her and I'm so confused." Grace says as she lays back on her bed.

"Whats there to be confused about you obviously have strong feelings for her, all there is to do is to show her. And i don't mean sex." Theresa said as she smiles at Grace and exits her room. To late for that. Grace was left back to her own thoughts as to what she can do to show Hannah the truth.

~~~~~~~~

Tyler, Troye, Grace, Sarah, and Mamire get a ride to the football game from Hannah's father, David. The game is being held in the other schools team football field. Hannah is already at the field. She took the bus with the rest of the team. As the time came closer and closer to play time the sound of the crowd grew louder.

"Ok team, we're up against the Falcons. They have good corner back and tacklers. Watch out for yourselves, Sawyer and Hannah. Everyone have their backs or else we'll lose." Couch Miller exaggerates. "Come on Cougars lets get out there." The team gets peeped up and run out into the field. Hannah looks around trying to find her dad. She spots him and her friends as she huddles with the team.

"Ok Hart its your call." Coach Miller says as Hannah smiles at him.

"What are they doing?" David asks Tyler.

"They're running over the plays they'll use in the game and picking the players to play." Tyler says.

"Ok." David says excited to see his daughter play again. He never was  big football fan always preferred baseball instead.

Everyone gets in position the Falcons have the ball first and the ball is thrown to the quarterback. Hannah tackles as many people as possible watching for the ball. The ball isn't thrown instead the quarterback tries running to the end zone. Hannah quickly runs after him and tackles him to the ground. After the first quarter of the game ended Hannah's drenched in sweat. Her jersey has grass and mud stains all over it. Tyler comes running down to talk to Hannah.

"Hey!" Tyler says.

"Hey." Hannah says swallowing water.

"You're doing great out there."he says.

"Yeah. What does my dad think?" Hannah asks.

"He thinks you're fantastic. Better than in the old school." They chuckle.

"Great." Hannah says to her friend.

"Don't let anything distract you this time." Tyler smirks as Hannah rolls her eyes.

"I was dumb for letting it distract me. She doesn't even like me." Hannah says.

"I think your wrong. So does everyone else. She does like you just give her time, she'll come around." Tyler says patting her back and instantly regretting it. "Even you jersey is soaked in sweat." He quickly wiped his hands while Hannah laughs.

"Speaking of the devil." He said as he sees Grace walk up to them "i better get back up on the bleachers. Good luck." Tyler says walking away.

"Hi." Grace says as she approaches Hannah.

"Hi." Hannah says looking away from Grace to the the field.

"You're amazing on the field." Grace says not sure what the hell she's saying. I should have thought this out more.

"Thanks." Hannah smiles looking down at her hands. The first whistles blown meaning a minute left.

"Look Hannah I'm really sorry about everything. I never meant for things to get all crazy." Grace apologies.

"You don't need to apologies Grace. I should be the one to apologies." She began looking up at Grace. "I should have kept my distance from the beginning. I should have never gotten in between you and Chester. And more importantly I should have never fallen for you. Out of all the girls you're the one that caught my eye." Hannah says shaking her head.

"But Hannah I-" The second whistle blew and both teams run to the field.

"Look Grace, i'm sorry. So just go make out with Chester or something, go live your life as if i never came into it." Hannah says running off. Grace closes her eyes and runs her hand through her hair. As Hannah crouches awaiting the ball to be thrown to the falcons quarterback. She replays all the times she felt crushed by Grace. The times where Grace and Chester have been together around her and the feeling of anger and jealousy she had. Replaying these memories in her head made the anger build again. Getting angrier and as the balls thrown she runs straight into a player knocking him down. Running after the wide receiver that had just caught the ball.

One of the tight ends started charging towards Hannah. And Hannah being in a state of anger ran into him and shouldered him to the ground her eyes were following who ever had the ball. Feeling the rush of knocking over a player made her want to do it more. The closer she got to the wide receiver the more players came after her. The more she felt free, freeing her pent up anger. She felt better than she had in awhile.