23

"Happy birthday Hannah!!" Sawyer yells as she walks into the locker room. The whole team yells it while some throw confetti.

"Thanks guys!" She says happily walking over to her locker while everyone pats her back. As Sawyer suits up they talk.

"How long until you can play?" Sawyer asks.

"Until my finger feels better. And actually" Hannah takes the splint off and bending her fingers ignoring the pain. "I can play." She says opening her locker.

"I don't think thats a good idea. You hurt your finger last night and it doesn't magically recover in less than 24 hours." Sawyer replies.

"Well my fingers fine." She says putting on her gear.

"Let record show that i told you not to." He says grabbing his helmet and sitting down on the bench waiting for Hannah. Out on the field Tyler was talking to Mamrie and Sarah on the benches.

"This whole thing between Grace and Hannah is getting to be too much." Mamrie says.

"Your telling me at least Grace is less stubborn than Hannah. Sometimes i want to throw a rock at her." Tyler says. Sarah and Mamrie chuckled.

"But Grace sobs." Sarah says.

"And Hannah gets angry. Any emotion of jealousy or sadness or anything similar she'll convert it to anger. At least Grace stops sobbing after a while." Tyler rebuttals.

"They're both messes in their own ways." Mamrie says.

"Both of them are gonna get hurt." Tyler says.

"They're already hurting." Sarah says. Hannah and Sawyer walk out of the locker room and Tyler notices.

"What the hell is she doing?" He asks pushing his glasses downward so he can pinch the bridge of his nose.

"She's lost it." Sarah says.

"No she's lost it a long time ago." Tyler says as he walks down the bleachers and runs over to Hannah. "Hannah what are you doing?" He says sternly.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Hannah says.

"You know you can't play when you're injured." Tyler says.

"My finger is fine." Hannah says waving her hand in front of Tyler.

"Hannah....." Tyler grabbed Hannahs arms and pulled her away from Sawyer. "You're lucky enough that the guy didn't tell someone what really happened and get you either benched or worse thrown off the team." He whispered yelled.

"I know that Tyler. But I'm not going to let some stupid little injury interfere with football."

"Your just sitting out for a couple of days. Its not that big a deal." Tyler says frustrated.

"And in a couple of days ill be behind." She responds.

"Fine do whatever the hell you want! Go die in a ditch for all i fucking care!" Tyler explodes walking away. Hannah makes a fist with both her hands and takes a deep breath and blows out hot air slowly out her mouth.

"Thats something i didn't expect to see." Ingrid says from behind making Hannah jump.

"God you scared me." She said smiling putting her hand over her heart.

"Sorry." Ingrid giggled. "I was hoping to hang-out considering your finger. But since you made it clear to Tyler that you don't want to fall behind in football despite your injury to the point he blew up on you. I think I'm just gonna go." She said turning and walking. Hannah reached and grabbed Ingrid's wrist.