25

Its amazing how time is a matter of perspectives in certain situations. For Grace that second had felt like hours, of her heart shattering to bits. And to everyone else it had just been a second. One second that had Grace almost fall to the floor and sob from sadness. One second that took everyone who knew how she felt toward Hannah, to have sympathy for her. One second for her friends to look at her with their concerned eyes wanting to comfort her so badly. Grace wanted to leave, curl up in the comfort of her bed and cry. Cry and cry and cry, but she couldn't it was Hannah's party and she wouldn't want to leave her friends party this early. She stood there like a statue staring off at nothing, mind completely blank, heart completely shattered.

"Grace. Earth to Grace." Mamrie was saying trying to snap Grace from her current state.

"I don't think she can here you." Sarah said as she stares at graces side, examining her state of mind.

"Grace. Grace. EARTH TO HELBIG!" Mamrie's voice raised finally getting Grace's eyes on her,  along with a couple people around her. The second Mamrie looked into Grace's eyes she could see the devastation, the need to leave and let out her emotions. Grace may repress her emotions but at one point it gets to be too much. "You alright sweetie?" Mamrie decides to ask, knowing she isn't and the question meaning more as do you want to leave. And Grace knew this and was conflicted into sucking it up and faking a smile or leaving and crying. Either way she'd end up crying later.

"Im fine. Ill be fine." She croaks out. Taking a shaky breath and putting a small smile for show. 

"Alright but if ur not just tell me." Grace nods at Mamrie's words. Hannah and Ingrid had been making light conversation with her father. Grace heads to the kitchen alone, she pulls out a seat from the table and sits down and rests her elbows on the table while her head is in her hands. She takes deep breaths, everything gonna be fine its Hannahs birthday don't be the downer, she says in her head. she could feel couple tears coming out her eyes but she doesn't care she just needs to be alone for a couple minutes. Hannah had seen Grace go into the kitchen she could clearly see she was upset. Grace was her friend at the end of the day, regardless of other emotions. She kindly excused herself from her current conversation and walked towards the kitchen.

"Grace?" Hannah says as she walks into the kitchen. Grace jumps ups and wipes the little tears in her eyes and turns. 

"Yea whats up birthday girl?" She says putting the best smile she could.

"Whats wrong?"Hannah says seeing that Graces eyes have a slight red color to them and that the smile Grace had on was fake. 

"Nothings wrong." Grace says shaking her head.

"Then why'd you come in here the parties out there?" Hannah asks knowing Grace didn't want her to mention her crying.

"I just needed a minute to myself. Take a breather you know." Grace says looking at the floor. 

"Yeah todays been an eventful day." Hannah says chuckling, Grace genuinely smiling at the sound of her laugh.

"Your telling me."Grace says smiling tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I better get back in the living room. If you need anything u know were i am." Hannah says sending a smile Graces way and exiting the kitchen. Grace kept smiling after Hannah left. When ever she was with Hannah she always forgot whatever was on her mind before. But after a minute Hannah left Grace's smile dropped and inhaled deeply as she got up and moved to the door. 

The party went smooth by the end it was eleven  and David made everyone scatter, considering it was a school night. Ingrid had left a bit early she had a early class the next morning. Grace, Troye, Mamrie and Sarah all said their goodbyes leaving Tyler, Hannah and David alone picking up some of the mess left around the living room. 

"Ingrid is a beautiful girl Hannah." David said giving Hannah his opinion on her. Walking over to the couch and plopping himself down. 

"Yeah she is, do you like her?" Hannah asks sitting next to him. Tyler up in the room changing.

"She's a lovely girl girl of course i like her. You two are very cute together." David says seeing how happy Ingrid made her. After while of light conversation Hannah went up to get ready for bed as Tyler walked down the stairs. David went into the kitchen to throw the rest of the trash he found on the floor.

"Do you think Hannah liked her party?" David asks Tyler as Tyler had came in to get a bottle of water.

"I think she seemed to enjoy herself." 

"She only enjoyed it cause she was with Ingrid 98% of the time." David chuckled, Tyler smiled slightly.

"There was only one person that didn't enjoy themselves." Tyler said thinking to Grace, David nods slowly knowing who.

"Hannah seems to really like Ingrid. Does she not like Grace anymore?" David asks.

"Uhh its not like that actually. Things are more complicated than they seem." Tyler says "She still likes Grace but she likes Ingrid too." He continues, David nods leaving the subject as it is.

"Go on to bed Tyler. Ya need ur sleep." David says after a moment of silence between the two. The morning was rough. Tyler and Hannah had slept through the alarm clock, David had to come in the room and shake them awake. He offered to drive them but Hannah and Tyler refused and told him to go off to work. Before he left he told Hannah he'd have her present when he gets home. They were less than a 5 mins late to first period. The day seemed longer than it should have. 

The gang met up at the lunch table per usual. Discussing the morning they had their hatred towards a teacher. Ingrid had been a new addition to the table that day. She came to eat lunch with Hannah. The  table was long pushed against a wall. Hannah and Ingrid had separated themselves from the gang occasionally getting into a conversation with the rest. No one had practice today all the coaches had a meeting they had to get to.

 It was an easy day, after the much effort of setting Hannahs birthday and the surprises of yesterday, today had been a relaxed day. No drama had occurred everyone stayed to them selves. Mostly still being in shock and letting everything sink in. Everything happened so fast yesterday, no one knows exactly how to react. Last night was a mess of emotions for everyone, but they need today a calm day before they think everything will be more complicated.