22

Tyler and David had both gotten up early to make a birthday breakfast for Hannah. Setting everything up before Hannah is awake. Tyler runs upstairs when everything was set to wake up Hannah, who was already dressing herself.

"Oh i thought you were still asleep. I was gonna come wake you up." Tyler says as Hannah smiles at him.

"Nah, i woke up after i heard my phone ring."Hannah says as she finishes putting her shoes on.

"Who called?"

"Sarah called and Mamrie and Troye texted." Hannah says as she walks over to Tyler. There was silence for a bit neither one of them knowing how to continue the conversation.

"Come on theres breakfast down stairs." Tyler says grabbing her hand and pulling her down the stairs. When Hannah was dragged into the kitchen, both David and Tyler yelled "Happy Birthday!" with a stack of freshly made pancakes in Davids hands.

~~~~~

"So your coming to lunch today right?" Tyler asks while they walk down the hall to get to their class.

"I don't know Tyler-" She began.

"No I'm not taking no for an answer. You're coming." he demands.

"Then why did you ask?" Hannah laughs.

"Excuse me if i wanted to be nice. But you forced me tell you what to do." Tyler responds making Hannah laugh.

"You know maybe this birthday might not be as bad as i thought. Considering its only 9 am and I probably jinxed my day at least i had this morning." They laugh walking into English. Hannah takes one step into the classroom and sees Grace giving her a sad smile.

"Definitely spoke to soon." Hannah whispers. Tyler puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Its not gonna be that bad trust me." Tyler says.

"Tyler last time i trusted you i ended up slapping you." She answers back.

"Yeah. It won't happen this time. Trust me." He says, Hannah takes in her friends face and nods at him. "Now be nice." He says as they walk to their desks.

"Ill try." Hannah says half jokingly.

"Hey." Grace says as Hannah sits down in her seat.

"Hi." she responds the silence is too awkward for Hannah so she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind. "Im sorry about last night i was-"

"Its fine Hannah." Grace interrupted turning her head to face Hannah giving her a sad smile.

"Its just-" Hannah began.

"Really Hannah its fine. Lets just forget about it." Grace says. Hannah clenches her jaw and closes her eyes. She hates those words. Lets just forget about it. Especially coming from Grace.

"You okay?" Tyler asks seeing his friends anger.

"Yeah just......i gotta get some air." she says as she asks the teacher for permission to leave. When she leaves the room Tyler asks Grace what she said. Once Tyler hears whats said he traces the sentence back to what Hannah and Sarah have told him about the party.

"Goddammit Grace." he whispers shaking his head and rubbing his temple.

"What did i say?" She asks extremely confused.

"You told her to just forget about it. She hates those words and coming from you makes it 10x worst." Tyler explains. Grace drops her head and bangs it against the desk and lets out a loud groan making the whole class turn to look at her. After awhile Hannah comes back her lips swollen, her hair a little messy in the back and lipstick on her collar. Tyler lets out a sigh.