55

RINEI

"Rinei."

My eyes flicker. There's a soft sigh, above me. Then the voice comes again, with the tender touch of fingertips wrapping around the side of my face.

"Wake up, love."

I recognize his voice.

"Tae."

I'm whispering before I even open my eyes. The dark landscape is what comes to me first, and then him. The moon glows behind him, outlining in silver.

Just with the way he's looking at me, I can tell.

I hurry off the small rock and throw my arms around his neck. He laughs, and I feel him press a kiss to my forehead as I squeeze him tighter.

My breaths run fast.

How?

"How are you—" I pull away, my hands wrapped around the curve of his strong shoulders. My gaze is full of awe as I stare up at his warm expression.

My voice is slightly shaking. I can't keep down the excitement.

"But it's night."

"You scared him when you disappeared like that," He whispers, pulling me closer. His hands shift to my waist. "He was the one who let me."

I blink.

"He let you out? For me?"

Taehyung nods. His eyes roam across my face, so full of love that I almost can't help but avoid his gaze in embarrassment.

He smiles. "He thought you hid from him. Thought that you would come out when you heard me."

My cheeks blush. "I-I fell asleep."

"That was my guess." He says. Then he breathes, tilting his head. Dark hair spills down the line of his shoulders.

"He loves you."

"I could feel it, when he spoke." Taehyung muses, tucking a lock of my hair over my ear. "You might've just tamed him, love."

"Does that mean he won't take over anymore?"

"I'm not sure." He whispers. "This might be just the one time. Or it might not be. I still can't say for certain."

"But one thing I know is that he won't be the same as before."

His voice is impatient as he looks down at me. His eyes are fixed on my lips.

"Now kiss me. I've waited so many nights."

Me too.

I don't even wait for him to finish. My hands bury themselves into his soft hair, and my lips are on his. The kiss is deep— and I shiver when he makes a pressed noise in his throat.

It turns deeper. His hands trace my body as I touch him, under his cloak. I get closer— the closest I can possibly get.

He tastes so sweet. And he smells like the Forest, the leaves wet with dew and the ground soft with rain.

"I love you." I whisper. His gaze brushes mine.

"Thank you for coming back."

_________________________________

The sheets are light and silky against my skin.