56

RINEI

Uh.

What the heck is he doing?

I'm watching Taehyung from outside the door of our room. He's standing, pacing an agitated line across the floor of the room. He's murmuring sharply to himself.

"You held her hand."

...hand?

He suddenly pauses. His brows are furrowed, and his fingers clasp tightly around themselves. His eyes are focused downwards.

"What do you mean so what? You do understand I saw everything last night, don't—"

"Tae?"

His head jerks up when I come in, pushing through the door with a curious look on my face. The curiosity soon turns to amusement when he hisses under his breath.

"Shut up. She's here."

Then he looks at me, with a warm smile. His eyes glow a faint gold as he makes his way towards me.

"Rinei."

I laugh. "What was that?"

His lips purse, before he tilts his head innocently to the side. Like he really thinks I didn't just hear everything he'd said to himself.

"What was what, love?"

Taehyung lowers himself, his gaze fixed on my face.

"Kiss."

I laugh again as I brush my lips against his. The disappointed look in his eyes tell me that he'd wanted something much more than that, but I needed to know.

"Is that him?"

"Him?"

"Don't play dumb with me." I say, nipping at his chin with my fingertips. He makes a face, his heart lips twisting up and almond eyes scrunching together.

"He's in your head, isn't he?"

Taehyung hesitates. Then he finally sighs, taking me into his arms. He rests his head on my shoulder, lips touching my neck.

"He won't shut up." He mumbles, before slowly kissing the soft skin there. His voice edges a little.

"You gave him a name. And held his hand."

I burst out in giggles. I couldn't believe he was actually saying this.

He did understand that it had been his hand I'd technically held last night, right?

His expression twists as he pushes his face deeper into the crook of my shoulder. His hand tightens around the curve of my waist, pulling me closer. He's still kissing me.

"Don't do that again, Rinei."

"Tae—"

I can't even speak, because I'm laughing so hard. He looks so serious, too.