59

RINEI

Okay.

This is kinda awkward.

"I checked that room earlier." Tae hisses, and I laugh forcefully, trying to act as nonchalant as possible.

"Were you hiding from me?"

"Of course not." I say, making an innocent expression. "I think it was just a series of unfortunate coincidences, Tae. Like I went to the kitchen to grab some drinks, and you probably came in at that time, you know? And then I went to play a board game—"

My voice stutters to a halt when he draws closer, hand clasping around the back of my head. His hand is so large that his fingertips nearly touch my cheek.

His eyes slowly widen.

"Ah, really?"

I swallow.

"...really."

"Wait, isn't it night though?" I pipe up all of a sudden, trying to change the topic. "How is V still in there?"

"He let me." Tae murmurs, his eyes still fixed on mine. "So I could find you."

My voice rises in an excitement I forget to hide.

"He let you?! Really?"

His eyes narrow.

And I instantly cough, changing my expression.

"I mean, I'm just surprised, you know." I say weakly, sniffing. "Because only friends would really let each other do that, right? And you guys are always hating each other. So...So did something change or what?"

His lips suddenly curve in a quick smile that makes my heart rush a little faster.

"Rinei, you're terrible at this."

And a furious blush starts to tint my cheeks as he slips a hand around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest. I feel his lips against my neck.

My mouth purses as I squeak.

"I just wanted for you guys to be friends, you know. Is that really too much to ask—"

"You didn't completely fail, then."

I look up. And I'm about to mutter out another shocked Really when he clasps my mouth in a soft kiss. I feel my breaths turn quicker— the room is dim, full of the seductive auras of night.

It had been a long time since I'd been with Taehyung during a time this late.

And it was hard to do anything during the day, when he was always so busy. It hadn't felt the same.

But now...

He lifts me up on his lap, eyes slit. I can tell that he must feel the same— I can tell, from the urgency of his touch. His gaze burns with a dark heat that takes my breath away.

I want him so badly.

"You just grow more beautiful with every passing day," He whispers, between hushed gasps as we kiss. "I missed you. Every second that I've been away."

"I think I may have missed you too much, Rinei."

I straddle his waist, tightening my hold around him. His fingertips glide over the line of my shirt, loosening the silken ties on the back. My hands are already under his.

"You're always so busy." I say quietly, with a tinge of disappointment. "You know I've already gone through half the library and all fifteen board games with Jungkook?"