Kabanata 33

It's now or never.

"I should be the one asking you that."

He threw me an icky look before going around. I didn't bother closing the computer when he was about to go upstairs; I had to shield myself so he wouldn't be able to go forward.

"Move."

"What if I don't want to?"

And then it hit me. The thought I had when I passed by their house before I found Dustin gravely bleeding in here: it was his car who gave me another clue that he's here. Dustin's saying the truth; if he's not, why would he say Hugo forced him to do that if he's not here beforehand?

He grabs my collar and wrong timing because the tag behind it continued to prick on my back. I winced but didn't give in to his force and pushed his chest away.

"Leave! I don't care if you're his uncle; you don't deserve to know any of his whereabouts!"

"You said it! I'm his uncle so I have every right!" he hissed. "And why are you interfering?! You're not his boyfriend or whatnot!"

"I don't think labels will save you from getting your pale punch today, Hyun-woo."

Pinanood ko kung paano mangalaiti ang mukha nito sa pagtawag ko sa pangalan niya. "Did something h-happen?"

"Oh, please, don't try to sound like you care if something happened or not!"

The waves of confession Dustin had confided in me washed my thoughts away. "Do you think I don't know what you two are doing? What you are doing to him?!"

He looks puzzled; don't fall for it! "Are you accusing me of hurting my own nephew, huh?!"

"Hindi ka ba nandidiri, Hyun-woo?!" tinagalog ko na para maramdaman niya. "Ikaw na mismo nagsabi, oh! Dustin's your nephew, yet you're marionetting him so he can fulfill your sexual pleasures!"

As if bricks that were stacked in no order and hastly, his face crumbled down but he immediately regenerated it and became a grimace. "Took you long enough, huh?"

"Took me long enough? Na what? To find out he's, unwillingly, selling his body to the internet? Don't worry, I know it since then! But  I hate myself for not confronting you when I learned what you two are doing! Behind my back! Behind his family's back!"

Every corner of his face contorted with uncertainty and rage. "I can call the police now. I don't care if Dustin would hate me all his life because I told everyone he's sleeping with his uncle but if that's the only way he could breakaway fro—"

"You don't know the whole story, Henry! Don't act like you do!"

"Whether I know it, which I do, or not, what you're doing is beyond disgusting and immoral! Have you got any decency left? I thought the education in Korea is excellent but they failed to teach you properly!"

Bigla siyang nanugod but I quickly duck down, causing him to punch the wall. I kicked and twist his feet and every corners of the studio vibrated with his scream. "Ayokong saktan ka pero after ko marinig si Dustin kahapon? And don't even think I didn't know what you did to him in that farm!"

"It's not m-me!"

"Liar! You're the only person behind this! You're the only one who has a kink like that! We're raised as Catholics so paanong siya ang gagawa sa sarili niya noon?!"

I forgot to tell Dustin about it; it slipped my mind. Pero matagal ko nang napagtugma ang mga nangyari noon. Hindi ba dumating siya noong kasagsagan ng paghahanap? If he's got nothing to do, dapat nandoon na siya bago pa ako makapunta sa kanila para alamin ang nangyari! He left Dustin in that barn house then went to his family, acting clueless!