Notes

Annyeong!

Wow. Nakatapos na naman tayo ng isang libro at... wow...

I remember before I started writing this, may una nang libro akong sinusulat and that's Sweet to You but I had to stop kasi may isang gabi na I was scrolling on Twitter and stalking some accounts I know or don't know. Then I decided to see the account of one alter account I'm following and...

Nothing bad happens naman... I just spent 30 minutes looking at the videos they posted. Come on, I'm allowed to see those dahil legal age na ako. And the next day came and while I was in our store, bigla na lang pumasok ko 'yung idea ng Behind His Curtain.

And I could've sworn I almost peed myself dahil sobra akong kinilig sa mga unang moments na nakita ko sa next characters ko—which became Henry and Dustin!

My first draft of this story says Henry should be the one to have an alter account. But I remember not following it when I made up my mind na I'd be using the male lead as narrator; tutal iyong last book ko is male lead ang narrator at may point of view throughout the book.

To say it brutally honest... it always feel the same... the feeling of finishing another novel and the feeling of... accomplishing one thing. Your efforts... your woes... your love...

I know I always say this every Notes I'm writing but I thank God for giving me strength every day. My life will always be Yours.

To Henry, you were the man anyone would die for to have. You're like my other character, Hayme, who is a walking green flag—a retriever. Though we wouldn't deny your shortcomings and flaws but... in real and fictional world, people like you, who loves endlessly and selfishly, is a rare gem. I don't want to hope so high but you've always been the kind of man I wanted to end up with.

To Dustin, I've put you through so much, like I always does to anyone, but the person you wanted—and became to be is all worth it after everything that has happened. Your character represents a lot of people—person who does alter persona or normal person who's been through much, and this book will always be for you—and yours.

In the Dedication page of this book, I mentioned how I dedicate this whole novel to anyone who feels they have to hide a part of themselves or completely change their personality and lives just to fit in...

You are loved and fitting in should not be the main priority: your courage and boldness for continuing living in this cruel world should be celebrated and acknowledged.

To anyone who relates to Dustin—I wish you all the best and I hope you will learn to love yourself, not behind your curtains, but for showing who and what you really are.

To anyone who sees themselves in Henry, you are doing well, baby. You don't have to force yourself to carry more burden with you; you have the right to live the life given to you and enjoy it to the fullest. There's nothing wrong with helping your family until your death but if helping cuts your wings from becoming and doing whatever you wanted, for once, be selfish. Selfishly good. And that would be the liberating feeling you'd ever feel; I can promise you that.

I completely thank everyone who reaches to this page and... the thing is... we'll have to see each other again in my next book! See you there, okay?

This thing about us should continue forever—just like how Henry and Dustin will continue to live in our heads forever and ever <3

With all my love and pain,

jossmstr :)

START: June 09, 2022
END: August 26, 2022 (12:13 AM)