Chapter 3.

Robins Pov.

As we were walking I noticed a black van parked on the side of the road close to where me and Finney were. I didn’t think much of it though and we continued on our way. I looked to see Finney was looking at the van as if it would turn into a monster though. His pace had slowed and he started lagging behind as well. That's when I started getting nervous.

From what Finney has told me his sister has abilities that affect her dreams. If she had something then Finney might have something too, so seeing him tense up was scary. Especially because of the grabber and the recent kidnappings that seemed to happen so often.

Once we got close enough to the van a guy came out dropping his bags full of eggs and such. I immediately stopped as did Finney who was still behind me slightly.

“Whoops. Haha. Would you look at that?” The guy had a creepy voice almost like he was trying to soothe a child. It sent chills up my spine. “Mind handing me my hat?” He was looking between me and Finney as he squatted by the paper bags. Finney then spoke.

“Yeah, sure.” He must have noticed I wasn’t going to move as he then picked up the hat and handed it to the guy. I stayed still watching the guys' movements.

“Thank you!” He smiled a long and stretched one as he stared at Finney for the longest time. I did not like this guy. I grabbed Finney's hand and started pulling it towards me attempting to rush past this guy so we could get home. “Oh wait! I have to thank you for your help.” This guy wasn’t just creeping me out, he was freaking me out. I quickly spoke up hoping he would just let us pass.

“No need, we gotta get home.” As I passed by him he reached for Finney's arm pulling it harshly towards himself as he then sprayed this stuff in his mouth. I didn’t let go of Finney's hand as I tried to punch the guy in the face. He quickly shoved Finney in the van making me let go of the one thing keeping us together. He then kicked me in the gut and I fell back hard. I felt the air get knocked out of me as I panted trying to regain my breath.

My eyes were watering and my heart burned. The guy I was now realizing was the grabber leaned over me and sprayed that strange stuff in my mouth. I blacked out after getting picked up and getting thrown into the van right beside Finney.

The Grabbers Pov. (Didn’t expect that, did ya? I didn't even realize I would do that.)

I was waiting for him. The perfect kid. I had been watching him along with this other kid and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on him. He was so cute. I had been watching him for weeks before I figured out his schedule. He liked rockets, that’s for sure. He was small and had no muscle. His hair was decently long and soft looking. I couldn’t get him out of my head. I almost didn’t want to take him. But I had too.

As I watched him walk to a field with his friend I readied my supplies. I was hoping his friend would leave, though he didn’t. It made me mad. So mad. They were so close. My little boy was smiling so much with this kid. I wanted to rip out his spine for making my boy smile like that. I saw them walking home and that's when I got my stuff out.

~Time skip to after there in the van.~

Once they were in my van I quickly drove home. Max was gone and wouldn’t be coming back until midnight so I didn’t have to worry about him. I parked the car and looked around making sure no one was out. When I did I grabbed the Mexican kid first and threw him on my shoulder as I took him to the basement.(I'm also Mexican so no ༼ ಠل͟ಠ༽ˢʰᵃᵐᵉ) I then went back up for my little boy. I grabbed him and carried him in my arms till we got to the basement where I set him down beside his friend.

I then left them to wake up on their own while I went out for actual groceries since I dropped all of mine earlier.

Finney’s Pov.

It was cool. Not cold but cool. As I was trying to make sense of what just happened I felt a stinging in my eyes. Damn. They hurt a lot. As I attempted to open them I heard a groan and some movement beside me. Then it clicked. Robin! The grabber! Oh my god! We were kidnapped. I turn to try and spot Robin but all I can see is blurs.

“Finney?” I hear Robin's voice and I turn my head lighting fast in his direction.

“Robin! Are you ok?” My voice was panicked and rough and it hurt to speak as it did to see, but I had to know if he was ok.

“I’m ok, are you? He didn’t do anything to you did he?” He was concerned and I could tell he was scared.

“Yeah, I’m ok, but what do we do?” I felt arms wrap around me as Robin hugged me. He was shaking slightly and I could tell he was trying to hold it together like I was. He was doing a much better job than me, because I had tears in my eyes and I couldn’t stop shuddering.

I soon wrapped my arms around Robin as I attempted not to cry. We sat still for a while just hugging each other. I soon felt tired and fell asleep on Robin hoping that we’d get out of this.