Chapter 23.

I'm so sorry it's late. I had my first day back at school yesterday and when I was about to submit this chapter I passed out and forgot so I'm sorry it's so late. Enjoy!

Robin’s Pov.

We had finally made it to my house after a couple of minutes of walking and chatting about random things. I was honestly getting slightly nervous about him being in my house though. It wouldn’t be the first time he’d be over as we usually hung out so he could help me with math, but I was getting nervous for some reason. It was as if this time was different, and I guess it would be since now we’ll be hanging out as boyfriends.

“Robin, you ok?” I look to see Finney staring at me with concern in his eyes as I realize I’ve been spacing out on my front porch.

“Oh! Yeah, I’m good. Guess I spaced out for a bit huh?” He smiled at me as I then opened the door. We walked in together taking our shoes off before heading to my room. My uncle was at work so it would be just us for a while. (Wink wonk)

“So. What do you want to do?” I asked Finney because I wasn’t exactly sure and I wanted him to pick.

“Hmm. I don’t really know. We could watch a movie. Anything’s fine with me really.” I nodded my head as I started my new task of picking a movie out.

“Ooh! How about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?” I could see Finney give me a look of disagreement. I knew he didn’t like horror movies much but I couldn’t help but want to watch it with him. It wasn’t too scary besides some jump scares and it was an awesome movie overall. “Come on. Please? It’s not that bad. It’s mostly some violence and not much of anything that’s actually scary.”

“Ugh. Fine, but you have to hold my hand during the whole movie.” I felt as if I was in heaven. Not only did I get to watch a movie that I enjoyed with my favorite person but I also got to hold his hand the whole time? Score.

“Deal! So go sit over there and I’ll get the snacks and drinks. You want pineapple?” It was his favorite flavor in slice sodas as mine was orange. (slice is a brand of soda drinks that come in many flavors and was popular back in 1978. And pineapple is my favorite flavor in drinks usually.) After he nodded yes, I then went to get the food.

As I entered the kitchen I grabbed the chips and snacks, then headed towards the fridge to get the drinks. I always made sure I had pineapple as I knew it was Finney’s favorite.

Once I had gotten the drinks I then made my way back to Finney.

“I’m back.” I dropped the stuff gently as I plopped myself next to Finney on the floor. We were sitting right in front of my small T.V as I leaned close to it to hit the button on the bottom to start the movie as I had already had it readied earlier.

I may or may not have gotten overly excited about asking Finney out after school that I prepared way ahead.

“You ready?” I had already pressed the start but would have stopped it for Finney if needed.

“Yep, but you have to hold my hand, remember.” He held out his hand for me as I gripped onto it.

“Of course! Anything for my love.” I could see him blush at the name as he then faced forward to pay attention to the film.

It was such a blissful scene. Yes, even with the blood and gore on display and the actors shreeking in terror. Finney had seemed decently comfortable throughout the movie, though disgusted at some parts. He was so cute. He would jump at the smallest of sounds and every time he did he would squeeze my hand.

I swore that I would have to watch so many more movies with him. Some scary but others not as I would let him pick most. He meant the world to me, and I would show him.

When the movie finished I gained the courage to yet again ask him the question I’ve been begging to hear a yes from.

“So Finney, did you decide?” I could see him hesitate for a bit before he spoke.

“I’m still confused. I want to, I do! But I’m scared of what my dad would do.” His body had started shaking slightly and I reacted quickly to prevent him from going into a panic attack.

“Finney. It’s alright. If you stayed with me I would protect you. And Gwen.” I could see him look back into my eyes as a wave of relief seemed to take over.

“Thank you, but… but what if he searched for us in school or outside?” I knew he would be scared of leaving his dad and his home, but I wanted him to make a new home. A better one with me.

“Finney. I said I would protect you, and I will. No one, not even your dumbass dad will lay a hand on you.” I had placed my own hands on his shoulders as I stared at nothing but his gorgeous eyes. “Finney. I’ve got you.” He seemed to relax entirely into my grip as he closed his eyes for a few seconds, before reopening them.

“Robin, I don’t know how many more times I can say thank you, but… thanks.” I giggled at him. He seemed so tired and it made him look all the more precious.

As we were calming down and just enjoying each other's embrace, I heard the front door open. My uncle was finally home.

“Hey, Finney, let's go greet my uncle.” He nodded his head and we got up and headed towards the living room.

“Tío, este es Finney, mi amigo.” (Uncle, this is Finney, my friend.) I hugged him as he returned it.

“Ah, esto es Finney?” (This is Finney?)

“SI.” (yes.) I saw Finney was somewhat behind me and I could tell that meant he was a bit scared or nervous.

“Y dices que es tu amigo? Eh?” (And you say he’s your friend eh?) I could tell where he was going with this and I gave him a small glare, though I knew he was supportive.

“Bueno, es más como mi novio.” (Well, he’s more like my boyfriend.) I could see my uncle's face turn into one of surprise, probably that it was official that me and Finney were now dating.

“Enserio?” (Really) I nodded my head up and down. “¡Ese es mi chico!” (That’s my boy!) He slapped me hard on my back causing me to stumble forward. I looked back at Finney to see him with a disoriented look on his face. It was clear he was confused.

“Sorry Finney. My uncle was just asking about us.” His face morphed into one of shock.

“He’s not going to hit you for dating me?” Before I could reassure him that he was ok with it my uncle cut in.

“No no. I don’t hit. It is fine. No te voy a pegar.” (I’m not going to hit you.)

“He said he won’t hit you so don’t worry. He won’t be harming any of us.” I tried to explain to Finney but it seemed he never met anyone who was fine with others being gay.

“Oh, well that’s good.” He smiled but it didn’t seem very genuine.

“Hey, being gay isn’t bad. Even my uncle doesn’t think so. Let’s go play a game or watch another movie to cheer you up ok?” I said goodbye to my uncle as we headed back to my room. With luck he would finally give me a solid answer about him staying with me. I was really hoping he would.