Chapter 12.

The Grabbers Pov.

I made my final step to the door as I then lifted the handle to unlock it. As I peered inside I saw Finney sleeping peacefully on the bed. I looked around a bit but couldn’t see his friend… Strange.

I shut the door as quietly as I could then stood in the corner thinking he might be using the restroom. After waiting for a few minutes I realized I hadn’t heard a single sound besides Finney’s slight breathing. Concerned I sprang up and charged for the john.

First thing I noticed as I walked in was that no one was in here. That damned Mexican kid wasn’t in here! Oh I was going to enjoy smashing his head in. The next thing I saw was the vent. The one I had covered up over a year ago. How the hell did they find it?

“DAMNIT!” I yelled in anger forgetting about the still remaining child that was present on the mattress. As I walked out in loud and frustrated steps I saw him. The one person that I would calm down for. Though I wasn’t going to forget what his little shit of a friend did.

“What happened?” He sounded scared and I could see him look around the room, most likely for a certain bandana wearing kid.

“Oh nothing. Nothing at all! Just some hot rod kid thinking he could leave like the naughty boy he is!” My fists were closed tightly as my posture screamed anger and authority. I could see my boy's eyes widen as he did nothing but stare in fear at me. “Oh. Oh don’t worry my little boy. I’m not mad at you.” I lowered my voice as I leant down on one knee to hold his chin up. “It’s gonna be ok. Ok?” I tilted my head before standing back up. “You didn’t know about this did you?” I waited for a while before leaving as all he did was shake his head to indicate a no. I needed to get that very naughty boy back!

Robin’s Pov.

I did it! I had found the opening! Though it was hard to take the grille off as it was shut tight. I also feared the sound of kicking would notify the grabber of where I was, but taking my time was not a luxury I had. So with all my might I positioned myself on my back and kicked it. It didn’t even budge. The grille was stuck so hard on the exterior of the house that the only thing my kick did was make it rattle. I couldn’t give up though. I had to keep trying. For Finney!

As I kept kicking, an edge finally came off! I still had three other sides that I needed to remove from the wall though, but it was a great start. After a few more kicks I only had one more edge left. I was so close but so tired. I didn’t know if I’d be able to push through.

I had too though. I couldn’t let the love of my life down. If I failed, Finney would never get out and I would be dead. I wasn’t gonna give up. Not after I’ve gotten this far. I had to keep going!

I stopped kicking for a moment to try and gain some energy knowing I’d have to resume as quickly as I could. Once I caught my breath a bit I raised my legs back as far as they would go and… BANG!

“It… It came off. IT CAME OFF! Yesss!” I knew I shouldn't have shouted but I couldn’t hold it in. I wasted no time in worming out of the vent and the next thing I knew I was running. I ran to the street to find the address of the house before running between houses and alleys to make sure the grabber wouldn’t find me with his van.

It had felt like hours of running till I made it to the one house I didn’t even realize I was running to.

Finney’s Pov.

I was frightened but relieved when the grabber had left. Nothing he had said made sense. I was beyond confused and all I knew for sure was that Robin was gone and I was alone.

I didn’t even know if he was coming back, but I trusted him and I would wait forever for him. I just hoped he would be back soon because I was terrified to be alone with the grabber. I eventually got up, though it was painful to walk. I slowly shuffled to the bathroom to see the grille for the vent on the floor and the carpets in a disarray.

“Robin... Please don’t forget me.” I was so close to crying but knew that I had to be strong. Crying wasn’t going to solve anything no matter how appealing it may be (Me all the time). I went back to the mattress as I was unable to get through the vent with my injury and laid down. I was too exhausted to do anything. My emotions had been a jumbled mess since the kidnapping and my physical state wasn’t doing any better.

As I rested, I thought of all the fun times Robin and I have had. All the memories of when we’d go to the Grab n Go and stock up on junk food and candy. The times when we would walk to the park and just watch the stars. Those nights would give me a beating in the morning when my dad would find out I snuck out. It was always so worth it though. And now the new memory we had with the rocket in the field. I missed those moments so much. It felt like an eternity has passed since we last got to do something fun like that.

I really hope Robin comes back... I miss you Robin.