Chapter 22.

Hello! I wanted to say that since this story is close to done I’m also writing another one! It’s a Rinney as well and I’m not too sure on what to do though I have started it already so if anyone has ideas I would love to hear them! I also don’t know if I’m gonna have the grabber but I’m leaning towards no. But if you think I should let me know!!! I love hearing others' ideas! Be safe, my babies!

Robin’s Pov. 

~Time skip to Monday~ 

It was already Monday and I wasn’t ready to go back to school. I’m most positive that everyone had already heard the news about me and Finney killing the grabber and I wasn’t looking forward to the stares. 

I got dressed and ready before heading out the door. My arm was still bandaged and it was painful to move, but It was slowly getting better.

As I was walking I saw Finney with Gwen. 

“Hey Finney! Gwen!” They both turned their heads at the same time and I giggled to myself at how similar they are. 

“Robin!” Finney’s face lit up in delight and he started running towards me. He was so cute. “Robin, want to walk to class together?” He finally caught up to me as we stood next to each other. Gwen was still a few feet away since she was walking, clearly not as enthusiastic to see me as Finney was. 

“Sure, let’s get going then, we don’t want to be late on the first day back.” Finney gave me a strange look. 

“Yeah, because you wouldn’t want to tarnish your perfect record.” 

“Oh I see, You're being funny huh? Well my attendance isn’t that bad. Sometimes I just forget we have school.” Finney didn’t seem to believe a word I said, but before he could speak Gwen cut in.

“Oh my god. You two are perfect for eachother. Neither of you can lie to save yourselves.” Gwen had started walking to her side of the school, while me and Finney started heading towards ours. 

“So, want to hang out after school?” I was really hoping Finney would say yes.

“I would love to, but I would have to ask my dad.” Damnit. If he asked his dad he would say no for sure. It was clear the guy didn’t like me. 

“Can you have Gwen say you're going to help tutor someone? That someone being me?” He looked a little skeptical as he replied.

“Uhm. I guess I could. I just don’t want him to get mad when I head home.” That scared me. The fact that Finney had barely just gotten back and his dad was already hurting him again. 

“Finney. How would you like to live with me and my uncle?” I knew it was straightforward but I couldn’t wait any longer. The surprised look on his face was making me regret my decision though. 

“I don’t know Robin. Why are you asking all of a sudden? Besides, I couldn’t leave Gwen.” I had forgotten about Gwen. I was really hoping he would say yes, but I guess I should just give him some time to think about it. 

“Fine, but can you at least-” 

“Think about it? Yes Robin. I will.” Finney then grabbed my hand and we started walking. Once we entered the building, people immediately noticed who we were. The whispers were loud and annoying, and I really hoped Finney wasn’t feeling too uncomfortable. 

“You ok Finney?” I looked at him as he peered back at me. 

“Yeah, It’s just weird being back.” I gave him a small smile in hopes he’d feel better though I knew it wouldn’t do much. 

“Well, I’ll see you in math class. We can sit next to each other, and we're gonna hang out after school.” I squeezed his hand in mine before letting him go as I walked to my own class which was right across from his. I was really hoping that Finney would be alright. 

Finney’s Pov. 

As I entered the classroom all eyes were on me, which was no surprise but I had really hoped everything would be like it was before. 

After I had sat down and readied myself, I realized Donna was next to me. She gave a pitied smile. I gave a weak one of my own back. 

Soon class had started and even though the whispers were frequent throughout the day they had gotten quieter. Eventually school had ended and I shockingly got through the day without any conflicts with Matty or the rest of his gang. I was super thankful for that. 

As I walked out of the school I saw Robin leaning against the wall. I knew for a fact that my class was closer to the exit so that had to mean that Robin either skipped the last period or he left early. 

“Hey Finney! How was school?” He gave me one of his gorgeous smiles. 

Robin’s Pov. 

I saw Finney come out and it seemed he had no fresh cuts or bruises which made me beyond happy that no one picked a fight with him. 

“Hi Robin. It was ok. What about you? You didn’t go to last period did you?” My smile drooped as I knew I had been caught. “You weren’t watching me in science again were you?” 

“Maybe? Also my day was great. Boring mostly but you know. So let’s go to my place now.” I spoke quickly as I was trying to change topics. 

“Yeah, yeah.” Finney gave another one of those breathtaking smiles and I could tell this was a genuine one. It had no hint of fear or negativity and it made my heart melt in pleasure. 

I couldn’t wait to hear his answer for my earlier question. Though I would never force him to do anything he didn’t want to. Yet my heart yearned for him to say yes. For him to move in with me. For us to be together where I could keep him safe and loved. 

God he was driving me crazy and now that I had the ok from my uncle I was begging for Finney to live with me.