Chapter 16.

Robin’s Pov.

I woke up with the sun shining through the window. Finney was still asleep with his body snuggled into mine. It was such a peaceful scene. I was so fortunate to be friends with him. I guess we were a bit more than just friends though. I was going to have to ask him to officially be my boyfriend and I couldn’t wait to do so.

As I was just staring at his preciosa cara, (precious or beautiful face) I heard the door to our room open. It was Gwen, Finney’s dad, and the detective we saw yesterday.

“Hey, how’s Finney doing?” Gwen was the first to speak. Her eyes had landed on Finney’s resting body and I could see the worry laced throughout her figure. Her hands were sweaty and she was fidgeting a lot. Her brows were creased and she was biting her lip.

“He’s doing good. They had to run some tests to make sure he didn’t have any major injuries but he’s ok.” I smiled at her hoping it would help relieve her worry though I knew it wouldn’t completely.

“Thanks Robin. I’m so glad you were with him. I couldn’t imagine if he had to go through what he did all by himself.” She was right. I never thought about that. How panicked he could have been or scared.

“Why… Why are you guys so close?” I look to the owner of the voice. And it was no surprise that it was Finney’s dad Mr. Blake.

“He was having trouble sleeping and wanted a friend nearby.” He looked at me wearily but nodded regardless of his clear suspicion of me. “Aren’t you going to ask how he is? Or what happened?” I was pissed that he hadn’t even asked about Finney’s condition. What kind of a dad does that? Jackass.

“Listen here boy, you do not talk to me that way. I’m worried for him ok?” He had placed one hand on his hip while he waved his other hand around. “I’m just trying to process everything.” The only feeling I was getting from him was anger. He did not look at all happy at my accusations.

“Alright everyone. Let’s just calm down.” Detective Wright had pulled a stool over to Finney’s bed and seated himself. “Let’s get comfortable. Robin, I’m gonna need to ask you both a few questions now.” I knew we would have to answer questions eventually but I wish we had more time. Finney was still traumatized from everything and had barely recovered from his injuries. I mean we’ve only been safe for about a day. But in order to catch the grabber we needed to give our reports as soon as possible.

“Ok. I’ll wake Finney up then.” I nudged Finney with my hand. “Finney? The detective needs to ask us some questions, ok?” His eyes slowly opened and he didn’t seem to comprehend what I had said as he looked around the room in a slight haze. His expression took one of shock as he saw who was in the room. He then attempted to scoot up, though it was clear his pain hadn’t subsided yet. “Take it easy ok?” I didn’t want Finney to push himself too hard. He wasn’t even ready to answer questions, but we had too.

“Gwen? Dad?” It was adorable how his face lit up as he noticed his family. Gwen had urged forward, being careful of his body while giving him a long and loving hug.

“Oh kid. I missed you.” Gwen had streams of salty tears rolling down her flushed face as she embraced her brother. The happiness was evident in her eyes as she smiled.

“I missed you too Gwen.” Finney wasn’t crying but he sure looked as though he would at any second.

“Well, I just need to ask you and Robin a few questions. Shall we begin?” Detective Wright had pulled out a notepad and pen. Most likely to jot down are answers. “When did you guys get taken? Tell me the time of day and location please.” I decided I would answer for us considering Finney didn’t seem to want to.

“We were walking to Finney’s house from the baseball field as it was getting dark around dusk.” I was now sitting up in Finney’s bed next to him while he was laid down with his head towards the detective. Gwen was near Finney on his side of the bed while his dad was in the corner near the door with his arms crossed.

“Ok, and may I ask what he did to you while you all were being held captive?” This question made me and Finney look at eachother. It was the one question we were hoping he wouldn’t ask.

“He mostly left us alone. Except on certain days.” I had my hands clenched in a tight fist together as I looked down. “He would come in sometimes and just watch.”

“Could you elaborate on that?” The detective had looked up from his notebook.

“He would come in and just sit on the floor. Then he would watch us while we were sleeping.” The detective looked disgusted at my confession, though I knew it wasn’t directed towards me.

“Is that all he did? Just watch you? If so, how did you get your wounds?” I could tell he was hoping that our injuries had come from a fall or more natural ways, but sadly that wasn’t the case.

“He would say things. Things that would set me off, and when I would retaliate he’d hit me or some form of ‘punishment’ as he liked to call it.” I stopped for a bit before continuing. “What he would do to Finney was much worse.”

“Wait a second. What kind of things did the grabber say to set you off?” Finney had looked down and I think it was obvious that he was ashamed of the overall situation we were now placed in.

“He would say things about Finney. How he liked watching him, and he would try to take Finney from me.” I was now staring directly into Detective Wright’s eyes.

“Did he ever succeed in taking Finney?” I looked down to see Finney looking back at me. He was scared and shaking slightly. “Yes. Twice.”

“Could you explain what happened when he took you and to where?” Wright was now gazing at Finney, clearly wanting an explanation from him. Finney was trembling as he attempted to speak.

“He would… He would take me to his bedroom.” I had clasped onto his hand, letting him know I was here and that he was ok.

“May I ask as to what he did or would you prefer I guess and you can shake or nod your head?” Finney had agreed with the latter option and I agreed it was the better one as he wouldn’t have to talk or recall much of what occurred. “Did the grabber hit you when he separated you from Robin? Finney shook his head no. “Did he ever chain you up or threaten you?” Another no came from Finney. “Did he ever touch you sexually?” This question made him hesitate to answer. I knew the answer myself and I knew he didn’t want to tell them. After a moment of silence he nodded his head yes. You could see everyone had visibly tensed or took over an expression of shock from the response.

It was clear that we were all thinking the same thing.

‘What the fuck!’