Chapter 21.

Robin’s Pov. 

“Thank you!” Finney was the first to say something as I nodded my head in agreement. The nurse then left and Mr. Blake, Gwen, and my uncle walked through the doors. 

“Tio!” (uncle) I saw his face light up and he surged towards me. I opened my arms as he did the same and I was so happy to see him again. I had missed him so much. 

“Ay, Robin, te extrane. Estoy tan feliz de que estés a salvo.” (oh, Robin, I missed you. I’m so happy you're safe.) He was sobbing on my shoulder as his body shook. 

“Tío, yo también te extrañe.” (Uncle, I missed you too.) I was so happy to see him. I had time’s where I thought I would never see him again. “Como estas? Estas bien?” (How are you? Are you ok?) We stopped our hug as I tried to get a look at him. I knew uncle would get into fights when upset and my disappearance must have freaked him out. 

“Estoy bien, no te preocupes.” (I’m fine, don’t worry.) “Vamos a salir de aquí.” (Let’s get out of here.) I smiled at him as he returned it. I really couldn’t wait to get out of here. 

Soon enough I was dressed and ready to go as my uncle was waiting by the door for me. Finney was also all dressed and we walked out together. It didn’t take long for Mr. Blake to seperate us though as he saw how close we were. My uncle gave a strange look as he saw the exchange between Mr. Blake and me. 

Mr. Blake continued to give such stares and glances at me as we then made it out into the hall nearing the exit. A voice stopped us all though, snapping me and Finney’s dad out of our little staring contest. 

“Hello again!” I look to see Doctor Grey standing in front of us all with papers in his hand connected to a clipboard. “I just wanted to get one last check in on all of you.” He looked at me and Finney before his eyes stopped on Finney and his smile soon faded. “Hey, Finney. What happened to your cheek?” Now everyone was looking at Finney and you could see him visibly shrink back. It was obvious he didn’t want to be in that situation. 

“Umm, I-” 

“He told me he fell from the bed earlier. I guess his legs still need time to adjust.” Mr. Blake had cut Finney off. Only an idiot would believe the lie he just told. Yet no one pressed on. It sickened me that no one had even asked if he was alright. 

“Well, I hope your cheek heals soon Finney, and since I’ve gotten all your guardians signatures you can leave!” The doctor lowered his clipboard to his side. “Drive safe everyone.” He walked away and Mr. Blake had soon grabbed Finney’s arm and signaled to Gwen. 

“What is wrong with him?” My uncle was right behind me as he asked, pointing a finger to Finney’s dad. “Something is wrong with boy?” He spoke English but it was broken and his accent made him almost impossible to understand. 

“He beats him.” I crane my neck upwards as I see my uncle looking down at me with enlarged eyes. “I love him, but his dad doesn’t like gays.” I had tears in my eyes as I faced ahead. Trying to catch one last glimpse at Finney before he was taken away. 

“Dile a tu amigo que puede vivir con nosotros. Sin embargo, tendría que acostarse contigo, por supuesto.” (Tell your friend that he can live with us. He would have to sleep with you of course though.) I saw him smirk at me as he responded. “El padre de tu amigo suena como un gilipollas.” (Your friend's dad sounds like an asshole.) He then started walking to his car as I followed. He was right. Finney’s dad was an asshole and when school started up I would take Finney away from him. 

Finney’s Pov. 

Once me and Gwen got in the car, dad started driving home. It was a silent and awkward ride. Gwen had been sitting in the front while I sat in the back. Everyonce in a while I could see my dad look back at me for a split second in the rear view mirror. It was clear he was still mad at me for ignoring his warning. If I wasn’t so injured, I would probably have gotten much worse than a slap. I was just hoping that he would forget it and we could continue on as we used to. 

Finally we arrived at home. Gwen had opened the back car door and helped me out while dad unlocked the front door. He then walked in the house without saying another word. 

“You think he’s mad at you?” Gwen looked unsure and a bit scared. 

“It’s ok. I think he suspects I like Robin.” At that Gwen had spoken up, no longer afraid. 

“Oh, so you don’t like Robin like that?” She had a face full of curiosity and mischief. 

“No! Of course not! That would be wrong.” My face most likely had a blush on it while Gwen had a clear smirk. 

“Mhm. Sure, and I’m in love with Moose.” Her voice was laced with sarcasm and I knew she could tell I was lying. “You're a terrible liar you know.” Her arms were now crossed as we entered the house, and we eventually made it to my room. I had missed it. The smell of home. All my stuff and sheets. It was so familiar and normal. I loved it. I immediately sat on my bed taking in all of the normalcy I was so used to. 

“Hey, Finney. I know you like… boys. It’s perfectly fine with me. I’ll support you always.” She smiled before approaching me and giving me a hug.

“Thank you Gwen.” After our hug we said our goodnights and she left. Leaving me to my dark but warm room as I didn’t even bother with turning the light on. It was decently late by now and I was tired from the transfer from the hospital. It was a saturday so on Monday I’d be back at school. Though I couldn’t wait if it meant I’d get to see Robin. 

“Goodnight Robin.” I knew he couldn’t hear me but I also couldn’t help myself. Robin meant everything to me.