Chapter 14.

Robin’s Pov.

He fell. The grabber fell right into the hole. The axe had fallen from his grasp and I was quick to kick it away from him in case he’d try to reach it. And before he could register what happened I kicked him in the face. This perra (Bitch) was gonna pay for what he did to Finney and everyone else.

As I continued to kick him regardless of the few hits he blocked I spoke. Full of sadness and rage.

“This is for Griffin!” A kick to the head. “This is for Billy!” Another kick. “For Vance and Bruce!” I huffed as I stopped for a second. “And this. This is for Finney!” I wrapped my arms around his neck as I held him with his back bent. Holding tight I then whispered in his ear. “This is for all of us, you pinche cabrón.” (Fucking bastard) I jerked my arms forward.

SNAP!

I let go, releasing his body to the ground. I was panting hard as I attempted to stand up, though it was hard when I was tired as hell and aching all over. I looked back past my shoulder to his corpse.

There was no visible movement and no sign of him breathing. As I got up, I looked over to the phone hanging on the wall.

“Thank you Bruce.” I then rushed out the door to where Finney and Gwen were. With luck the police would be coming soon and we could all go back to our normal lives.

I stepped out into the main room to see Finney still passed out on the floor with Gwen by his side crying.

“Don’t worry Gwen. We're gonna get him help.” Not long after I spoke those words a police officer came through the door. “He’s in the basement.” I needed them to make sure I had really finished the grabber. It would be the only way this nightmare would end.

The lone officer went down to the basement while I picked up Finney with Gwen right behind me. We went outside and were met with two police cars with officers getting out and a single ambulance. Immediately they saw us and two officers came to escort me and Finney to the medical car. As they were I saw a movement and my eyes instantly went to that spot. All I could see was bushes and open space though.

I stared for a while but didn’t see a thing. Must have been my imagination. I urged forward and was finally faced with the ambulance where I placed Finney down in, and then got in next to him.

“Hey, you kids are gonna be alright. We gotta take you to the hospital and get you checked out first though ok?” I nodded my head to the medical officer and soon the door shut and me and Finney were off to the hospital. Once we were on our way I remember closing my eyes and finally falling asleep.

Finney’s Pov.

I woke up to see bright lights. Closing my eyes I let them open again but slowly in order to adjust to the illumination that filled the room. And as I was looking around once my eyes adjusted, I saw Robin lying next to me.

He came back! I soon felt hot tears roll down my face. He’s ok!

“Robin.” My voice was rough and quiet but I had to talk to him. I had to make sure he was really ok. “Robin.”

“Mhhhhm.” He groaned slightly and started waking up. I saw as he raised his hand to his face to rub at his sleepy eyes. Soon I could see those gorgeous dark brown irises of his. I could see him look towards the direction of my voice and as soon as his eyes met mine he sprang up.

“Finney!” He wrapped his muscular arms around me as I continued to lay in bed. “Finney. You’re ok.” His voice was muffled against my neck as I could soon feel his own tears fall onto my cheek. “I’m so sorry. I’m so so sorry.” He kept mumbling sorry and I couldn’t understand why.

“Robin, please don’t apologize. You saved me.” He remained hidden with his face pressed against my skin with the only sign that he heard me being his now sniffled movements. After a few moments of silence Robin spoke.

“Finney. You saved me.” He had turned his head slightly which made his voice a lot clearer.

“I guess we saved each other!” I smiled as my tears had slowed, though they hadn’t yet stopped. He then released me from his grip, staying close to me as he lifted his head.

“You're too cute mi amor.” He was quiet and his words came out soft and smooth. I truly felt safe again. He then leant down and placed a light kiss on my forehead. At this point I had ceased my crying and nothing but the faint streaks of dried tears remained on my face along with a smile.

Soon the tranquil moment we had was disrupted by the opening of the door to our room. I peered to the side to see it was Detective Wright.

“Ahem. Sorry to interrupt boys, but I have something to ask you.” He sat down on a chair by the door as me and Robin stared at him to carry on. “When you left the house you said the grabber was located in the basement did you not?” My head jerked to Robin as he did the same. He then looked back at the detective.

“What do you mean? I told you guys he was in the basement. He was definitely in there when I left.” Robin sounded shocked and I was confused as to what was going on. The last thing I remembered was being put to sleep by the grabber and knowing Robin was gone. 

Robin’s Pov.

What the hell did he mean? Shouldn’t he have seen the grabber dead in the basement? It wasn’t like he was hidden.

“Listen. We went down into the basement but… we didn’t see anyone.” He was looking between me and Finney and I stopped.

“What!?”